new regulations

• 7 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Wow, I would love to hear the reasoning behind this.
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      Friend of mine also got that message once, but it was mistake when he asked support about it they said it was supposed to be message for some American player and he got it accidently.
      Might be the case with you also
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      This can happen when a site get to many scam attempts from a certain country
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      The funny thing about this is that I was never really excluded from ring games/tourneys, I'm playing right now. But when I got the message it really scared the bejesus out of me. I mean, why, of all countries, would Belgium with its tiny population be banned? Granted, it's a creative way to freak someone out.
    • Richard81
      Richard81
      Bronze
      Hey,

This is indeed a mistake. This message shows up for country such as USA and others, where it's illegal to play poker.

Thankfully, Belgium is still a place where poker and delicious mussels and fries are available for all! Hooray!

Honestly though, it's a known bug that we are working on. It happens once in a blue moon, but doesn't affect anything.

Cheers,

Richard.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Richard81
      This is indeed a mistake. This message shows up for country such as USA and others, where it's illegal to play poker.
      I realize that you are not a lawyer but it is most certainly not illegal to play poker in the USA.

Many players are currently enjoying legal poker in states such as Nevada, California, New Jersey, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.

Even if you were thinking about online poker you would still be incorrect. The few actions taken directly against poker sites such as Party Poker were settlements and have set no legal precedent at all. It has certainly not been determined that the current federal laws make it illegal to play online poker in the USA.

I guess I will refrain from logging on Pacific while I'm visiting home though. :s_biggrin:
    • Richard81
      Richard81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by Richard81
      I realize that you are not a lawyer but it is most certainly not illegal to play poker in the USA.

Many players are currently enjoying legal poker in states such as Nevada, California, New Jersey, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.

Even if you were thinking about online poker you would still be incorrect. The few actions taken directly against poker sites such as Party Poker were settlements and have set no legal precedent at all. It has certainly not been determined that the current federal laws make it illegal to play online poker in the USA.

I guess I will refrain from logging on Pacific while I'm visiting home though. :s_biggrin:
      You're 100% correct, of course.