[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Ak

• excelgeo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2.00, BU folds, SB raises to $4, BB folds, Hero calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Flop: ($12.50) 3, 8, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00, CO folds.

Turn: ($20.50) J (2 players)
      SB bets $24.10(All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.50.

my thinking:
      caller is fish
      but the guy in the blinds is minraising which is the fish way to play AA/KK. i think screw it, lets play the flop.

flop comes and he bets ridiculously little. i could have folded there but the odds are massively with me. i called it. then i hit a draw and he shoves.

flush on the K, if he has AA im beat. if he has KK i have a few outs, he may be even holding 99 because he is an idiot after all, i had a brief look through and he is involved in many pots.

anyway. what would you say i should do?

i think i made a vital mistake by playing after winning a lot of money, it resulted in me being a little scared. thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • pashone
      nothing wrong in playing AK with bigger stack.
      you can't call his min 3 bet. it's either 4 bet AI or fold.
      against loose fish I shove it with a smile :s_biggrin:
    • DaPhunk
      I rather like sticking to Push or Fold imo. You do have excellent pot odds but you are just giving away initiative.

Just to clarify;

You think he has KK+ so you just call a 3bet preflop to fold on flop if you don't hit.

If you do hit, you are so often behind to his set or better pair and give away your stack anyway.

-----> Burning Money. Your stated reason for Coldcalling is a bad one imo.
    • excelgeo
      you are right

looking at my "odds are massively with me" statement... im annoyed at myself for thinking that
    • burek2000
      Hey excelgeo,

I don't really like coldcalling preflop against unknown, so it's either 4-bet or fold and without reads/stats I would simply fold AK here despite this looks really weak, but it's 5xshortstack we are talking about... If you however have any reads SB is a fish that could 3 bet loose here then I would just shove preflop.

As played, postflop seems fine to me.