This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 45 freeplay

• RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,99
      UTG1:
      $1,42
      MP1:
      $9,79
      MP3:
      $8,83

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:spade: , 4:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0,10, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,45) 9:heart: , 2:diamond: , 3:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, UTG1 calls $0,40, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,65) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0,92 (All-In), MP3 calls $0,92, Hero calls $0,92.

River: ($4,41) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,60, Hero calls $0,57 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,55

Got a OESD on the flop against two people with a possible flushdraw for them also. I decided to play it agressively. On the turn I completed my straight but the 7 was also a diamond.

What would be my optimal actions on flop and turn (on river I think I was commited)?
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Lol, you don't have a hand on river and there is a flush out there as well as some highcards. You can't call.

Personally I think I would have played this draw passively for odds as we may only have 6 outs for it due to having to discount :diamond: 's that may give a villain the better hand.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi RahXephon1!

On the Turn you still have a Straight Draw, you missed the draw. It got even worse: you might be drawing dead against the Flush.

Remember to discount outs as stated here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/#h1_5

You only can play aggressively whenever you have 13+ outs (OESD = 8 outs, FD = 9 outs) because with 13+ outs, you have >50% winning chance based on 2 streets.

So this is what I would do:
      Flop: check/call according to Outs/Odds (I give you 6 outs here, discounting 6 and A)
      Turn: if missed, check/call according to Outs/Odds
      River: BET if you hit, check/FOLD if u missed

Best regards,
      Gerv