MP1 Buletlndahed ($6.09)
      MP2 Hero ($4.00)
      MP3 kknigss ($0.58)
      CO 7036752 ($4.63)
      BTN Joesw66 ($2.94)
      SB Bluff-Girl ($6.56)
      BB DALIAO ($4.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 9 players) Hero is MP2 :8s: :8c:
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, kknigss raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Bluff-Girl calls $0.14, DALIAO calls $0.12, Hero folds

I can't call this shortstacker, but can I call if the bigstck called? Or can I only call if the original raiser has big enough stack?
      And in this situation I should count 12*20, not 16*20, right?
  • 9 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi this is a call.

About the call 20 rule:
      Just ask yourself how many implied odds you have, or how much money you can get from them if you hit (this is where the stack size becomes important)

In a multi way pot chances are quiet high for one of them to pay you off till atleast the turn.

Hence in your example you got 2 big stacks in.. so you can call.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi

yeah it is 12 * 20 since you have to call another 12c.
      It is the original raisers stack you look at since other callers are far less likely to pay off.
      I call this too, as Dragar implied there are many other factors you can consider but if you are trying to learn the basics of BSS (which I assume as you are playing NL4) you can just fold it, and stick strictly to the SHC while you focus your studies on more important parts of your game. When you are confident postflop you can start looking at the way you play low pairs.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      thanks
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      thanks
      If you post VP$IP and PFR for the three villians (kknigss, Bluff-Girl, DALIAO) we can show you how to calculate the call/fold decision in equilator.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Just raise up those eights in middle position - they're strong enough to do so, and openlimping is bad on this stakes no matter what. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Just raise up those eights in middle position - they're strong enough to do so, and openlimping is bad on this stakes no matter what. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble.
      I must disagree, on this limit you have no FE so limp is prob better
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I don't want FE, I want value. And openlimping is never better than raising. If you don't wanna play your hand, just fold.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      thanks
      If you post VP$IP and PFR for the three villians (kknigss, Bluff-Girl, DALIAO) we can show you how to calculate the call/fold decision in equilator.
      I don't have stats, I am playing on triobet mostly now and elephant doesn't work on it. But you can take any numbers for the example.

I must disagree, on this limit you have no FE so limp is prob better

I now almost always raise with this hand. And although they are loose, I often collect dead money with these hands.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      raise dem pocket sebens

btw, if they were rfeally so loose that they never fold, then you can just raise 88 purely for value, as 88 plays quite well against ATC