$25.95
      BB:
      $23.19
      MP3(Hero):
      $25.35
      CO:
      $13.53

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 9.
      Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 3, J, 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, BB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.90) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB raises to $6.5, Hero raises to $22.95, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.65.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

First i'm not sure i would bet that turn. I obviously would with a J, but 2nd pair no kicker isn't nearly worth as much. I don't think it's worth the risk of getting c/r off our hand, given that whatever he has we likely have outs to beat him. The only perk would be to protect against a higher flush draw, which i'm gonna guess is at least gonna call us again anyway, so I don't mind controlling the size of the pot to avoid a painful decision for all our stack on a heart river.

As played, even if he's an unknown i don't know what he's representing here that we beat. People just don't c/c c/mr with a draw when they don't hit it on the turn, nor do they take that line with a top pair at these stakes. To me he's either on some kind of improvised cheap bluff, because it's a steal situation and all that, possibly with a draw just now figuring that calling twice isn't gonna cut it, or he has us crushed. Either way i don't like 3betting him off his (semi)bluffs, while isolating ourselves against basically sets in the process. I'd rather call in position and reevaluate on the river with both showdown value to beat his bluffs and a flush draw if he happens to have a set. This is gonna put us to much tougher decisions against an aggressive opponent when he open jams whatever the river card is, but to me it feels like a much better option than 3betting the turn.

Hope it helps.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      My reasoning was as follows:

I've hit that board nicely, I have some showdown value on the turn, but if I check it behind several thing can happen. If the river is not a heart I have to give up to any kind of bet, cause I guess only 87 is the only hand in his range that I beat. It might also turn out that his Q, K, A, or even T-high flushdraw has hit and beats me now. If I hit my flush on the other hand, I will only win a small pot or lose the entire stack if he was also drawing.

So I bet to build the pot in case I hit, to protect from higher flushdraw and to get him off the better 8.

And then he minraises. I can't fold obviously and calling has the same disadvantages as checking behind earlier. By going over the top I make him fold higher draws that might suck out on me, I make him fold all the top pair hands that beat me there and if he has a set - be it, I still have outs to win it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d call his c/r, since you have good enough odds and I doubt nl25 player would turn his draw into bluff.
      against made hands you´re not doing fine with your hand