laptop

• 9 replies
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      re: 5 years...cant really make that promise about any computer, they're not really designed for longer than 2-3 years use these days, though with care you should get 5years.

As for the laptop, the specs are fine, i have a much lower spec laptop (also 15inch screen) and can 5 table on one sight while playing a SNG on another.

The only problem you may come across is fitting in multiple tables...i find 4 is easy to tile...over that you start to overlap tables a bit, though 6 tables is still pretty comfortable viewing. I haven't tried more than that, but hope that helps
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      re: 5 years...cant really make that promise about any computer, they're not really designed for longer than 2-3 years use these days, though with care you should get 5years.

As for the laptop, the specs are fine, i have a much lower spec laptop (also 15inch screen) and can 5 table on one sight while playing a SNG on another.

The only problem you may come across is fitting in multiple tables...i find 4 is easy to tile...over that you start to overlap tables a bit, though 6 tables is still pretty comfortable viewing. I haven't tried more than that, but hope that helps
      I don't tile anyway I cascade so I can fit many on the screen
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      how the *ell do you "fit" 5 tables on a screen ?!?
      I can do with 9....it's a 15" screen old fucker so if you don't wanna burn it's ass and also you don't multitable and/or are playing HU that's your limit.
      so again......why 5 ?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishuq
      how the *ell do you "fit" 5 tables on a screen ?!?
      I can do with 9....it's a 15" screen old fucker so if you don't wanna burn it's ass and also you don't multitable and/or are playing HU that's your limit.
      so again......why 5 ?
      Don't you use the new triangular tables? :D

And might I add, your censorship standards are just exquisite.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      thank you :]
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      5 years=) ) Laptops are like women. The more you care about them, the longer they stay with you=) )) My old one is 7yo and it works better than many new ones. OK, its under linux, but thats not the point=)

If its just for poker then its life depends on your anger management=)

I can easilly manage 6 tables with huds on my tiny 13" screen, so you should be fine with 15.4
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      just noticed that the number '5' is somehow annoying me when I'm drunk..

but I also have a 5-6 yo laptop that works like a new one under linux (ubuntu)
      the other one though has the edge when 15+ multitabling, using wireless connections or playing idiotic software liker bwin (their platform alone uses 1.4 - 1.6 GB of ram O_o)
      I'm not into those 17"-18" screens, a 15" one is good enough for a laptop, but screen resolution is an important factor
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I've 9 tabled some on a 10'' screen (on my netbook away from home), it's not really hard if you have a convienent way of tiling them. The problem is that you have to sit kind of close and look carefully sometimes because it's all so small and cluttered with stats and things :)

But I guess if you're going to do all your pokering on it you want as big a screen as possible =)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you want something to last a long time, go for those business class laptops, and not consumer grade ones.

Examples are like Thinkpad T-Series, Dell Lattitude/Precision