the 'any two' push?

• cjbridle
      cjbridle
      Bronze
      can someone explain to me some basic rules of thumb when i should be pushing any two cards from the SB.

im having trouble with which bb levels i should be pushing any two against what kinds of opponents.

ive looked in ICM trainer example hands but still i dont understand why some are any two and some arent.
  • 4 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      there isn't really a rule of thumb for that one.. watch video's and articles and you get a feel for it after a while :)
    • cjbridle
      cjbridle
      Bronze
      ok... ummm..

am i looking to push any two cards because the caller 'cant call me without his top 3%' or because i have no other choice as i am too short stacked.

im just a bit lost on the theory of why its an any two push.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      stuff like that comes with an overall understanding of ICM... use the ICM trainer A LOT as well... there are situations when you push ATC cos you're shortstacked, and when you're the bigstack, and sometimes when you're even stacked... it's situation dependent and as such there is no real rule of thumb... what's important is to practice on the trainer and get a feel for when it's right... one of the big things that I had to learn was when to push ATC and when to push 80% and how to adjust to my opponents ranges... it only comes with practice and experience tho :f_grin:
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Just play with ICM trainer. You'll know what to do with more practice.

ICM generally suggests pushing 100% from SB when you're:
      1)underdog ITM
      2)(Correct me if i'm wrong) even on a bubble.

As soon as you get a general undestanding of ICM you'll know when to push any two=) Just remember that ICM is just a model and you need to adjust to other players too.