Will anybody help?

• Alafoe
      I am quite new to omaha. On pokerstars i have aprox $300. What limit you advice me to play?

And what kind of hand you think is profitable to play postflop? I mean now I limp in SH a lot and find myselve often in position against agressor. There are (specially on higher limits) agressors betting the pot size bet from the start to the river. Is it profitable to calldown any two pair or beter against these type of players? You may realize I am a big fish now on that limit. And calldown draws? On the turn I find myselve often with TP and TD (top draw) and dont know if I should call pot sized bet.

Another concern is about agression. I try to be agressive as I can but always find myself in situation when fire cbet and being reraised. And I fold it almost all the time. I am suspicious my opponents do that as a pure bluff.

Is it profitable to fire cbet all the time? I find the agressors winning the most so I am not certain but sometimes I play with 25$ BI on scared money with my BR. Do you do cbets often?

Another thing is to find good tracking software for omaha. What do you advise and what are the optimal stats?

I think for me this should be now more profitable then 0.5/1 FL but I have to learn a lot and become stacked to allow me overplay others.
  • 3 replies
    • gavinonymous
      A lot of these questions are answered in the strategy articles. At the moment I see all the omaha articles are silver content - even the coaching is gold level. I think there's a good reason for it. Omaha has higher variance than NL and there's more to think about.

If it was me, I would grind the $300 until I reach silver status and read the articles - watch some movies, then only play NL25FR to start with a minimum BR of 30BI.

As it is, I would only play NL10 FR with $300 to be safe. I really recommend those articles in any case; they are excellent.
    • Jim9137
      I think 30 buy-ins is the minimum you should have for a bankroll, PL25 with $300 is a big no no. You should do what the poster above me says, and keep grinding the $300 until you are comfortable with swings. :)
    • gadget51
      Alafoe, I use Omahaindicator to monitor my table. It does the job and is free. It doesn't graph but will show the usual stats like vpip%, WSDW% etc. It has a built in starting hand guide that uses HPoints to rank your hands.
      However, because of the type of questions you are asking, it seems you may be playing too high for your ability. Play FR as low as you can to begin, until a clearer understanding is gained (it's cheaper that way!). Watch vids if you can, read a lot and use the starting hand recommendations in Omahaindicator to guide you if you have it. Oh and play reeeaaallly tight, they'll pay you anyway. ;)

Have fun.