$4.25
      MP2:
      $9.90
      MP3:
      $10.90
      CO:
      $12.30

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.4, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, BU calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.10) 2, 6, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.10) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $3.3, Hero raises to $9(All-In), BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.50.

This guy had vp$ip 9.23 and pfr 9.23 , Att to Steal 37.5 at 65 hands , so i decided to resteal with QJs.I flopped a flush but i check to let him bluff,but i think it was a bad play.At turn i bet and he reraises but i didn't believe him because i dont think he would steal with a K preflop ... I am not sure.What do you think?
  • 5 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Be careful when defending the sb, remember you are oop and still have a player to act behind you. If you decide to 3bet him, make it 1,4$ (3times his raise + some extra money since you'll be playing oop against everyone postflop and you want them to pay for that).

You can't check that flop as a pf aggressor. You want a big pot here and you have to protect against A or K-high flushdraw. So bet 1.7$ with the intention of going broke.

When the ace comes you have 2nd nuts so I'm also going broke there.
    • jimmyy99
      jimmyy99
      Bronze
      So if i bet at flop and he reraise me, should i go broke?

thanks for your answer
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Yes, definately.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jimmyy99
      So if i bet at flop and he reraise me, should i go broke?

thanks for your answer
      Of course... going broke on the flop. You should always bet as the preflop aggressor to build the pot. You can only check it with the nutz AND if the pot is already big to induce a bluff. On the turn, I would bet at least $1.50...but I think it's actually very marginal to shove here because you can't really expect many worse hands to raise on such a board.. and it's likely that only better hands (K :club:) would actually call your shove. I would likely just call his raise and value bet small on river or even check/call.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Restealing here is fine, but you must make your raise bigger, that is to say, normal 3bet size which is about 1.5 here for me - add a little extra for being oop and extra fold equity.

On the flop checking is a horrible mistake, you're the aggressor and you would cbet this board without hitting everytime anyway, not to mention that it's essential that you protect your hand. Obviously you're happy to go broke here on the flop, we aren't up against the nut flush hardly ever =)