BSS NL2 - The 300 $ challenge

• Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Well hello everybody! Just wanna start a blog here at pokerstrategy, to let you guys follow my steps and give tips! Ive played for a couple of years, getting serious in the past months. At the beginning i often played with no BRM at all, going broke all the time.

Just had a prop bet with a friend, we both start with 25 dollars, and first to 250 dollars. I played real tight and ofcourse won, now i got a BR of 320 dollars.

For the moment i play NL50 at Poker Stars, with some sucess. I have another bet with my friend, now its up to 2500 dollars within 20. August. Gonna take hard diciplin and hard work, but i wanna try!

Wanna say sorry for my bad english, and hope for some response from you guys!

Will update soon!
  • 17 replies
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Wanna post the badest beat i ever had, i lost straigt flush to another straigt flush. Was sick!

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello =) I wish you good luck ;)

Its just, you play NL50 with 320$? Thats doesnt sound like any BRM iv heard of =)

Edit - My bad - You probably play SSS right?=)
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      I play NL50 yes, a BI for me is 15 dollar, and i leave as soon as i get 25 or more. I tryed SSS for a while, but i didnt like it, it didnt suit me i think.

Atm i multi table 1 dollar sit n gos, wanna place good in the weekly leaderboard and get some money that way! Thoose things are really easy to beat, just gotta play tight as hell and expect anything from those donkeys!
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Played alot in theese days, almost only 1.20 sit'n'goes with 9 people. Im going for the win in High Orbit leaderboards, trying to win some money and getting free entrance to the shootout tournament they host every month. I placed 12 in low orbit, expecting to drop a little, but will probably get a small price for that one. When i finish grinding ca 70 more of theese, i will move to 3.40 and do the same there. Great way to improve my bankroll without risking much at all.

Current BR - 303.20 $

Really soon i can afford a PS t-shirt with my FPP - Yey! :P
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Still playing only the 1 dollar sit'n'goes, and it goes quite well, im atleast top 5 in the leaderboard when im finished, i think!

Wish me luck! Really gotta have patience in theese limits!
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Currently placed third on the High orbit leaderbord for Mercury, so i will probably get a ticket to the triple shootout with 50 k guaranteed! Thats gonna be awesome.

Current BR: 327 $
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Playing a little bit different, and have really found interest in the 16/32 players HU sit'n'goes. Really find the easy to win, lots of fishes there!

Current BR: 370 $
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Been a good couple of days, played some cash game, and some DoN's, that really has went well! Playing 4 5.40 $, always win 3-4 of thoose! Good win percentage!

Current BR - 480 $

Anyone knows of a easy and good graph making program for Pokerstars? Most preferrable free :P
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Wanna post a hand i played today, pretty sure i played this hand right, followed the Starting hand chart. Wanted a cheap showdown at the river, as if he would either fold or call with a hand that beats me.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($8)
      MP2 ($15.30)
      Hero (CO) ($8.90)
      Button ($10.70)
      SB ($2.40)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($10.60)
      UTG+1 ($1.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 9
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) A, 5, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.60) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30

River: ($2.20) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $2.20 | Rake: $0.10

Results:
      MP2 had 10, 6 (high card, Ace).
      Hero had A, 9 (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: Hero won $2.10

Any comments? BSS is a style i definitly will give some study into!
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello.. I think i saw this hand in the evaluation forum.. The problem is, its not played by starting hand chart =) because its not AT nor it is A9suited. It is A9 off suit and should be folded preflop =) but im sure judges will point that out =) keep posting ur hands in the forum, good luck =)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hey! I just happened to see your post, and by looking at this hand I would suggest that you read all the starting articles about BSS before playing any more, and probably watch some beginner videos aswell. After you've done that you can go back to this hand and count how many mistakes you made =)
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      no oofense but u played that hand kinda stupidly
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Hehe i see now how many mistakes i did, lol :D

Thanks for the comments, no need to sugarcoat it!

Good luck i actually did'nt loose some money, probably will next time. I need to grind some fast VPP on Stars to get to Gold status, but i find Sng alot more my style than cash games. So not quite sure i will keep on going with BSS. I find it easier to multitable SNG with good results, good profit and i feel im a "natural" in the lower limits SNG. Lots of donks etc.

Current BR

Pokerstars - 203,48 $ ( i withdrew 100 $)
      Bwin - 106 $
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Haven't been logging so much here, due to a fantastic downswing. 2500 dollar was clearly a little too much to handle for the moment, and i got a new prop bet with a friend. 30 - 300 dollar within Friday night!

Current bankroll: 22.30 $

Gone quite tired of SnG, so gonna try to multitable BSS on NL2. Wanna post a really nice graph of ca 1200 hands

Wish me luck :P
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zyklox
      Haven't been logging so much here, due to a fantastic downswing. 2500 dollar was clearly a little too much to handle for the moment, and i got a new prop bet with a friend. 30 - 300 dollar within Friday night!
      I hope you understand that putting monetary goals is never a good thing in poker. If you are to make a goal, it should be something that you can control, IE read a book or watch a video.

Even though you play your best, there is no guarantee that you will have luck on your side. The random aspect of poker makes monetary goal "X$ within Xdays" very difficult to control, and the results are almost always negative.
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Yeah, i understand, but it's quite fun, atleast when it is with a friend. 300 $ is "realistic" within friday. We had a prop bet of 300 NOK, which is something like 50 $.
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Played some NL2 today, and it went very well! I 6-table, and it works out excellence, will probably try 9 -tabling very soon!

Total BR: 27.42 $