[NL2-NL10] _Nl25 Qq_

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      2 hands earlier we were in the exact same situation except i was holding ak and of course called his raise on the turn. board was the same pretty much except it wasn't all clubs and he showed a middle pair and a low kicker.

so now 2 hands later he does exactly the same but i figure that he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to do the same again and therefore i fold.

do i give him too much credit? his turn af is insane and i have a read that he likes to bluff here so what should i do??

villain: 26/4/3/6/24 - 112 hands

vpip/pfr/af/turn af/wts

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($23.05)
      UTG ($12.18)
      BB ($26.01)
      Button ($7.75)
      SB ($5.65)
      MP1 ($14.49)
      UTG+1 ($4.65)
      Hero (CO) ($9.03)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) A, 4, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, Button calls $1

Turn: ($3.85) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3.66, Hero folds

Total pot: $3.85
  • 13 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I'm inclined to push this blank turn. I don't think he could possibly have a wheel, and flopping a flush is rare. So the only problem is the A, but his range is surely much wider.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      have a wheel? whats a wheel?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Wheel is a straight from A to 5 ;)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Given your read easy call on turn. Villain has no reason to believe you got a read on him as most shorties multitable so call the float.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Just shows what I know as I would have folded here too. Rag Ace within his calling range and, after all, you have trash on the flop acc the basic strat articles. You are double stacked here too so I think it's a shame to lose potentially ~40bb with a hand that could very easily be beat, notwithstanding your read.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Oh, if you do call, whats your play on River?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i fold this spot.

i also put him on A high. could also have deuces with a 2c.

if you called him 2 hands earlier maybe that is exactly what he wanted.

daphunk asked a good question. say you call the turn, what do you do on the river? if you call the turn it means you dont put him on the flush or the A. what is even worse is that if you hit a set with Qc you could very well get in huge trouble.

so if you get a non club you should c/c or shove. which in my opinion is very questionable.

remember, just because he likes to bluff the turn doesnt necessarily mean he is bluffing it now. and sometimes you may have to fold the best hand.

i am now going to make a signature saying that i take no responsibility for any shit advice i may give.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      excelgeo,

nice sig, but you should change 'occurred' to 'incurred' for maximum legal effect and disclaiming of liability ;)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      okay so to sum up so far: call, fold and push is correct here :P
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Here is my two cent's also:

I would bet flop stronger to make the price for catching up higher (for 1 card flush draws). After that I would check/fold since I can't immagine many hands that stay in after the flop bet and didn't hit anything as the flop is as scary for the opponent as it is for us. I probably am wrong though :f_biggrin:

P.S. You are posting a lot of interesting hands Raun, I surely learned a lot just reading those reviews.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Here is my two cent's also:

I would bet flop stronger to make the price for catching up higher (for 1 card flush draws). After that I would check/fold since I can't immagine many hands that stay in after the flop bet and didn't hit anything as the flop is as scary for the opponent as it is for us. I probably am wrong though :f_biggrin: .
      usually i would play like this too. what might make me play this one different is my read on the villain.

Originally posted by RahXephon1

P.S. You are posting a lot of interesting hands Raun, I surely learned a lot just reading those reviews.

happy to hear that :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I think Ax is about 5% of his range, he could have broadways with FD, 55+, so that we are ahead most of the time. That is given we trust the read that likes calling c-bets and getting aggressive on turn.
      For that reason I like a check/RAI turn.

Otherwise, the standard fold should be fine with a double stack.

@ Daphunk, why call turn rather than push? If he calls he'll certainly be commited on River, and another :club: will just ruin everything.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Even if you have this read, it is either WA/WB with a doubled stack

As it is high variance, I prefer to just muck it on such a wet board even though you know he is bluffing.

On the other side, you can c/RAI the Turn here but I think that's more risky

- Gerv