[NL20-NL50] NL25SH 88 multiway

• NightFrostaSS
      Don't have stats on UTG as i reset my DB but i remember him being tight reg. BU was 18/13 so far but only 43 hands , got confused after UTG called, on what aproximate ranges could i put them on? I could imagine 56/89/77/76/99/TT/ what else and how to play accordingly?
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP ($18.45)
      Hero (CO) ($27.90)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($19.05)
      BB ($24.75)
      UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8
      UTG bets $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.10) 6, 6, 7 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, Button calls $2.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.25

Turn: ($10.85) Q (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($10.85) A (3 players)
      UTG bets $6.50, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $10.85 | Rake: $0.50
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Long story short in my experience, especially heads-up, when a tight reg opens UTG and then c/c a paired flop which is perfect for a c-bet, it's time to shutdown unless you improve enough to at least beat most overpairs. The reasoning is probably that they play so few hands that everyone knows they are tight, so everyone folds to their bets most of the time. Being tired of not getting action, these players will c-bet their air always and adopt a passive line with their good hands, because it sucks not to get paid off with them. A very useful read if you can somehow confirm it.

This time the picture is probably blurred by the fact that this is a 4-way pot, so UTG might not like the idea of c-betting his overpair into 3 players, or he might not have a hand strong enough to do so, in which case c/f is fine on his part. But why overcall when you bet then ? 98s maybe, tho without proof it's not really in the open raising range of a tight tag UTG. I think he's either wrongly slowplaying KK+, or he has the deck completely crushed with 77/66.

So i'd bet the flop because they might be c/folding with whiffed overcards and our hand is vulnerable to free cards, but i'd basically shutdown altogether unless i improve to a boat when i get called in 2 spots, especially by UTG. BU probably has some kind of top pair or weaker overpair himself, but he's really not my main concern in this hand.

Hope it helps.