0$ to x$ on ftp + no-brm 888.com challenge

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi there fellas!

I've shut down my first blog due to the fact that I pretty much stopped playing regularly. I'm missing it however, so I decided to start a new one - this time a little less serious.

To give you a little background - I was a little bored today and decided to play some 7-card-Stud games on PartyPoker. The lowest stakes are 0.25/0.50 which is quite high, especially when you don't know what you're doing. I quickly lost my whole stack and then decided to read some articles. Unfortunately ps.com offers only hi-lo stud support so I had to make some strategy on my own. Tight-aggressive it was. It worked quite well after I've stopped to chase draws all the time and my second session showed some profit even (most likely thanks to dumb lack, but who cares?).

I liked the game but didn't want to risk that much money on it, so I decided to try another platform. It turned out that the table selection on FullTilt is really nice but I didn't have an account. No problem - just a few minutes later I've registered a new one, opened the lobby and... found out my account was 0$. How could I expect anything else? And since I don't want to withdraw anything from my PartyPoker account I decided to have a little fun and start it all from the scratch.

So here I am - with no money and looking forward to explore the world of stud/omaha/razz/whatever... Of course starting with some freerolls and hopefully in a few weeks time I'll build a bankroll that allows me to play some cash games. I won't play much, but I think it will be fun anyway.

Wish me luck, a pot-limit omaha freeroll is just starting :) .

Cu
      Pete
  • 10 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hehe =)
      Sounds like you are gonna enjoy this, i like that, just dont take it too serious, its a game after all =)

Good luck and have fun ;)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Play freeroll at 21.40 GMT for players with FTP beta clients.
      I'm doing my own challenge, just like you.
      I cashed 5 times (of 6) in that freeroll (up to 150 players max., top 27 gets money, 1st $15, 27th $2) for $25 all together.
      Now, a week ago after my last freeroll I'm at $129 roll :P
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      @JuiceQuadre - thanks man, I'm definately gonna have fun :)

@Zheelvern - sorry for a noob question, but what's a beta client and how do I know if I have it? I'm certainly gonna try that freeroll you talk about, price structure seems really apealing. I just have to find out to change the time zone on ftp client clock so I have better idea when do the tourneys start :) .

As for yesterday, I was out of the PL Omaha freeroll in the 2nd hand of the tournament, lol. I cought a top two pair with some bacdoor draws in a 3way pot and went for it only to lose to a set of treys. Gotta learn about hand strength in Omaha a bit and stop thinking Hold'em way.

I also played a NL freeroll and busted out in 5xx place. Never mind - the first place price was a poker-dvd :) .

The thing that makes me happy was however a second-in-a-row cash in 888 25k guaranteed Sunday Challenge.
      I was doing fairly well, and was even 12th in chips at some point, but then I tried to defend my BB from a SB bigstack stealer and called his raise with ATo (shoul've reraised, my bad). I caught tptk on 2-8-T double suited board. He donked into me smallish, I raised big and he called. Turn was a 7 and we both checked. 3 on the river he bets half pot and i call and shows me J9o for a straight. Then I decided to steal from BU with 44, hit my set but lost to a rivered straight or flush and found myself with a 9000 stack with blinds of 1000 and just few places out of the money. I survived through a bubble, pushed K2 (gotta love that hand) from BU to survive and won against QJ, then stole some blinds and catched some air again. Unfortunately I shoved QQ from SB over a BU isolation raise and lost to a TT which caught a runner-runner flush. Happens.

Overall I won 75$ in a tourney with 50$ buy-in (yay BRM). Last week I've won 87.5$ so I seem to do fairly well there. :)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      There you go: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/beta/download

:)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Thanks Zheelvern, I've already downloaded it, haven't got a chance to look at the freerolls yet and register myself :) .

Yesterday I played a HORSE freeroll - many laughs. FL Hold'em - 0 hands before, Omaha Hi/Lo - 0 hands before, Razz - 0 hands before. I haven't survived to play a hand os Stud :) . Razz is completely insane - I couldn't find what was going on, then I've caught something that looked like the ultimate nuts, but it turned out it wasn't. Geez, I gotta start some reading if I want to have any chances.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey, good luck BOTD buddy,

Second blog ftw imo :D

Have fun, will follow with interest.

Bart
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I couldn't find what was going on, then I've caught something that looked like the ultimate nuts, but it turned out it wasn't. Geez
      :D Made me laugh =) One day im gonna try this craziness as well =) But first id like to know whats going on in holdem =)
      hh, gl
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Whoops!

I haven't been updating for few days cause I went home to buy a suit for my friend's wedding ceremony and I didn't have access to the internet.

Nevertheless, not much progress in my challenge so far. Firstly, it's so damn difficult to register for a freeroll on FTP... You usually have around 30sec to do so, and I'm usually doing something else than waiting, so I miss a lot of tourneys.

Yesterday I played Omaha freeroll again and this time I survived a bit longer. I've doubled up early and played tight after that. Then I found myself with a bottom set of eights in an unraised pot and went for it - turned out I was against higher set, which eventually lost to a guy with nutflash draw. I guess one should have some sort of at-least-close-to-the-nuts redraw to go with his made hand to play for stacks there. Well, I'm learning the hard way.

If it continues to go like this (read: no luck in the freerolls) I might decide to deposit 50$ from my TAF program to start things up a little quicker. The future will tell.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Hello there,

If you have 5 FullTilt Points you might wanna try the $5000 guarantee FTP is having every 5 hours.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi!

@JuiceQuadre - I saw you posting hands in the forums, that means you're gonna beat NL10 in no-time. Believe me mate - it's one of the best features this forums have to offer.

@kenthmp - good idea, but unfortunately I don't have any ftp points so far. However, if I managae to get some in the future I'm definately gonna try the tourney you wrote about.

As for my challenge, my bankroll is still 0$. I took part in another Omaha freeroll, this time I finished in the top 200, but still no money for that. I've been facing so many hardcore maniacs throughout the tourney and eventually they've sucked out on me when they had me covered.

But...

... to keep this blog interesting I introduce a new challenge. This time it's on 888.com. I decided to call it no-brm-challenge cause I have around 300$ in my brm atm from the additional starting capital promotion and I'm gonna play sng's no lower than 20$ buy-in and heads-up NL hold'em games with the buy-in of 30$ to be able to release my starting capital and cash out. I don't really know how many points I have to earn to do that, but I'll keep you updated ;) . So far it seems there's so many fish on 888.com that this challenge is not bound to fail. To spice things up - I've never played SNG's with buy-in higher than 1$ and I've never played heads up.

Pls don't try it at home if you're just received your starting capital :)