BRM Advice

• zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      hey guys I need a quick advice: I have been playing FL $1/2 for a month now and my BR stands at $2,381; I know I can beat $2/4 but I have scared money issue :( I don't know how well I will take a downswing? So what do you suggest I should do?>
  • 6 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Two options, imo:

i) Move up and set a conservative drop down limit like 450BB.

ii) Keep going and maybe take occassional shots at $2/$4 on juicy looking tables. As you get more confident you can keep adding tables until you transition.

Nice work dude and good luck. :s_cool:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Two options, imo:

i) Move up and set a conservative drop down limit like 450BB.

ii) Keep going and maybe take occassional shots at $2/$4 on juicy looking tables. As you get more confident you can keep adding tables until you transition.

Nice work dude and good luck. :s_cool:
      +1

I generally find that taking shots is always a good idea - find yourself a fishy table and then set your self a stop-loss limit on that table. If it goes well then you have more for that limit and you can start to feel a little more comfortable.

-Jack
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      I don't do table selection; I just open the the first 6 table with free seats;
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Nightmare: loosing with premium hands every single time
      why didn't I quit while I was up 50$

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zivkoleo
      Nightmare: loosing with premium hands every single time
      why didn't I quit while I was up 50$

I'm sorry, you had a horror session, you lost with your good hands, ended b/e, and THAT's a nightmare?

Sheesh.

And to add to my original reply:

iii) practice table selection.

Why make the game harder for yourself? Follow Yoghi, and interestingly, Roger Federer's advice, and play a winning game, not the most impressive game.
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      The Nightmare was when I was stuck -$193. I got very pissed off, I was sweating like hell, but I knew I made all the correct moves so I continued playing ;)
      I didn't notice any skill level change on this 2/4; maybe I'm wrong, I don't know;

I played today a short session and now on $2/4 I'm $110 up :)

And about table selection maybe I'll do it on 3/6; I adapt really quickly to my opponents so far