This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BRM Advice

• zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      hey guys I need a quick advice: I have been playing FL $1/2 for a month now and my BR stands at $2,381; I know I can beat $2/4 but I have scared money issue :( I don't know how well I will take a downswing? So what do you suggest I should do?>
  • 6 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Two options, imo:

i) Move up and set a conservative drop down limit like 450BB.

ii) Keep going and maybe take occassional shots at $2/$4 on juicy looking tables. As you get more confident you can keep adding tables until you transition.

Nice work dude and good luck. :s_cool:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Two options, imo:

i) Move up and set a conservative drop down limit like 450BB.

ii) Keep going and maybe take occassional shots at $2/$4 on juicy looking tables. As you get more confident you can keep adding tables until you transition.

Nice work dude and good luck. :s_cool:
      +1

I generally find that taking shots is always a good idea - find yourself a fishy table and then set your self a stop-loss limit on that table. If it goes well then you have more for that limit and you can start to feel a little more comfortable.

-Jack
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      I don't do table selection; I just open the the first 6 table with free seats;
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Nightmare: loosing with premium hands every single time
      why didn't I quit while I was up 50$

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zivkoleo
      Nightmare: loosing with premium hands every single time
      why didn't I quit while I was up 50$

I'm sorry, you had a horror session, you lost with your good hands, ended b/e, and THAT's a nightmare?

Sheesh.

And to add to my original reply:

iii) practice table selection.

Why make the game harder for yourself? Follow Yoghi, and interestingly, Roger Federer's advice, and play a winning game, not the most impressive game.
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      The Nightmare was when I was stuck -$193. I got very pissed off, I was sweating like hell, but I knew I made all the correct moves so I continued playing ;)
      I didn't notice any skill level change on this 2/4; maybe I'm wrong, I don't know;

I played today a short session and now on $2/4 I'm $110 up :)

And about table selection maybe I'll do it on 3/6; I adapt really quickly to my opponents so far