[NL2-NL10] quads

    • adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.12.2008 Posts: 27
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

      Known players:
      CO:
      $2.66
      BU:
      $2.18
      SB(Hero):
      $2.03
      BB:
      $1.10
      MP3:
      $0.97

      Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.07, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.3, BB folds, CO calls $0.23.

      Flop: ($0.62) 4, 3, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, CO raises to $1.1, Hero raises to $1.73(All-In), CO calls $0.63.

      Turn: ($4.08) J (2 players)

      River: ($4.08) 3 (2 players)

      Final Pot: $4.08.

      Results follow:

      Hero shows four of a kind, threes (3 3)
      CO shows two pairs, kings and threes (K A)
      Hero wins with four of a kind, threes (3 3).
  • 8 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.07.2008 Posts: 1,151
      I don't like a 3bet preflop from the sb. You still have a player to act behind you and you are likely to get called by a higher pp. Just call and play for set value.

      As played, you have to cbet more (0,4$) and if he raises just shove it.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.12.2008 Posts: 397
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I don't like a 3bet preflop from the sb. You still have a player to act behind you and you are likely to get called by a higher pp. Just call and play for set value.

      As played, you have to cbet more (0,4$) and if he raises just shove it.
      I agree.
    • adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.12.2008 Posts: 27
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.12.2008 Posts: 397
      Originally posted by adrasz
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
    • adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.12.2008 Posts: 27
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Originally posted by adrasz
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
      now i see.
      bet for value, but also bet for protection against flush draw. i let him see a cheap card!
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.12.2008 Posts: 397
      Originally posted by adrasz
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Originally posted by adrasz
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
      now i see.
      bet for value, but also bet for protection against flush draw. i let him see a cheap card!
      If he was chasing a flush, your flop bet gave him incredible odds to call it and suck you out.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.01.2009 Posts: 715
      all said is correct, but why to bet bigger here: you dont want to change your betsize depending on strenght of your hand. Players who think, may notice that play from you and you come readable.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 1,741
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
      +1

      Originally posted by kosmonaut111
      all said is correct, but why to bet bigger here: you dont want to change your betsize depending on strenght of your hand. Players who think, may notice that play from you and you come readable.
      +2

      Bet more on the flop from the above reasons.

      Regarding your preflop play. If this guy was stealing often I don't mind the 3bet. Otherwise calling for set value is fine.