This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] quads

• adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.66
      BU:
      $2.18
      SB(Hero):
      $2.03
      BB:
      $1.10
      MP3:
      $0.97

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.07, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.3, BB folds, CO calls $0.23.

Flop: ($0.62) 4, 3, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, CO raises to $1.1, Hero raises to $1.73(All-In), CO calls $0.63.

Turn: ($4.08) J (2 players)

River: ($4.08) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.08.

Results follow:

Hero shows four of a kind, threes (3 3)
      CO shows two pairs, kings and threes (K A)
      Hero wins with four of a kind, threes (3 3).
  • 8 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I don't like a 3bet preflop from the sb. You still have a player to act behind you and you are likely to get called by a higher pp. Just call and play for set value.

As played, you have to cbet more (0,4$) and if he raises just shove it.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      I don't like a 3bet preflop from the sb. You still have a player to act behind you and you are likely to get called by a higher pp. Just call and play for set value.

As played, you have to cbet more (0,4$) and if he raises just shove it.
      I agree.
    • adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adrasz
      on the flop i got trips so i thought i was the leader, i did not want to generate "fold equity" so i bet small
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
    • adrasz
      adrasz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      You need to build up the pot, extract value from draws/worse hands, and protect against FD.
      now i see.
      bet for value, but also bet for protection against flush draw. i let him see a cheap card!
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      now i see.
      bet for value, but also bet for protection against flush draw. i let him see a cheap card!
      If he was chasing a flush, your flop bet gave him incredible odds to call it and suck you out.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      all said is correct, but why to bet bigger here: you dont want to change your betsize depending on strenght of your hand. Players who think, may notice that play from you and you come readable.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      +1

Originally posted by kosmonaut111
      all said is correct, but why to bet bigger here: you dont want to change your betsize depending on strenght of your hand. Players who think, may notice that play from you and you come readable.
      +2

Bet more on the flop from the above reasons.

Regarding your preflop play. If this guy was stealing often I don't mind the 3bet. Otherwise calling for set value is fine.