Marks for our hands

• psychoreaper
      psychoreaper
      Bronze
      Well, I've been thinking that giving marks for our posted hands would be a good idea (for example from 1 to 10) I don't know what you will think about it but I find it useful mostly for beginners who could find out if they make any progresses in their playing style. Well, in some sense it would be similar to quizes which give points for certain moves - more points for good move, less or none for a bad one. I know that we basicaly know if we played a hand well or badly from judges' evaluations but having an additional mark in a number form will be more concrete.What do you think? :)
  • 2 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I think that some people could get discouraged by bad marks and stop posting hands. :rolleyes:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello psychoreaper,

The problem with giving marks is that its hard to define 'good' or 'bad' in poker. While it is true that most beginners do make elemental mistakes - hand evaluation isn't only supposed to be about having the quality of your play judged.

It should be about you posting a hand and telling the judge why you played it the way you did and then starting a discussion on it. Every hand can be played in a different fashion, depending on opponents, your image, and previous hands. The hand evaluation forum is about creating discussion on different lines and different approaches.

If we were to start giving grades it would be take away from the fact that the forums are a two way street. Just as you can see new ways of thinking about hands from the judges, they also can learn from you.

Best regards
      SoyCD