Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $65.20
      BU:
      $140.17

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, CO folds, BU calls $3.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($7.50) 8:heart: , Q:diamond: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, BU calls $5.00.

Turn: ($17.50) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.00, BU calls $14.00.

River: ($45.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $20.00, Hero calls $20.00.

Final Pot: $85.50

Villain a total fish calling with all sorts of rubbish, particularly suited hands. However, on an earlier hand I'd seen him calling down with 2nd pair, no fd. What to do?
      I've just tripled up with AA v KK and other limpers, hence the scary stack...

TIA
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      This river card is a pity, but I'd fold on that 4th :diamond: , chances that you're beat by a flush get really high there. Save your money and wait for a better spot to stack the fish imo.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      This river card is a pity, but I'd fold on that 4th :diamond: , chances that you're beat by a flush get really high there. Save your money and wait for a better spot to stack the fish imo.
      Unfortunately I agree. Even this fish wouldn't Bet with no :diamond: . Your read only has him calling down, not getting aggressive.

Is he aggressive? Can you Check/Raise him on turn? I'd be very happy to do that against an uberfish who goes broke on a flushboard with 2nd pair.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      This and if Fish is AGGRO , c/RAI the Turn - also if he checks behind, you control the pot abit

If he is passive, vBet for the win!

Best regards,
      Gerv