need help - loudest mp3player+speaker search!

• hitbox
      hitbox
      Bronze
      yea as i said..i like music loud..if u have the ideal combi for a musicfreak who likes music loud..help me!! ty people!!

btw..i dont care for for the moniez jus for loud music
  • 6 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      You've probably heard (and ignored) this in the past, but I still feel the need to strongly advise you NOT to play excessively loud music, especially for a long period of time. It WILL cause permanent damage to your ears, and no surgery can ever fix that. The process is gradual, every time you'll only lose something like 0.1% of your hearing capabilities, so don't think that it's something that "only happens to others".

Now, every playback software is capped at the maximum volume of your hardware. If you put your volume slider to max, one music playing program won't make it go louder than the other. So just look around for some decent speakers, check out the hardware specifications and test them if possible before buying. That goes for computers. If you mean a portable mp3 player, it doesn't really matter which one you buy since their volume is capped just before the level at which it can start causing permanent hearing damage. Otherwise they can't be allowed to be sold, not in the EU at least. I'm not going to recommend a specific product, it's really up to you to search, compare and find what you like the most.
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      And please, whatever you do, don't use it on the train!
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger

Now, every playback software is capped at the maximum volume of your hardware. If you put your volume slider to max, one music playing program won't make it go louder than the other.
      This is not true, volume level depends on software aswell (I had to switch to VLC media player because the boxes on my old pc sucked :tongue: )
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      the gadget show did a review of mp3 players+speakers not long ago. Have a look at http://www.gadgetshow.five.tv
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      This is not true, volume level depends on software aswell (I had to switch to VLC media player because the boxes on my old pc sucked :tongue: )
      Sorry to disappoint you mate, but if your boxes are maxed out at, say, 100dB, you won't ever get 110dB out of them regardless of what software you use.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Yes ofcourse not, but most software apparantly has a volume limitation way lower then the hardware limits.