$2.35
      CO:
      $8.73
      BU:
      $5.50
      SB(Hero):
      $5.48

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP3 calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.22, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.69, 2 folds, CO raises to $2.4, Hero calls $1.71.

Flop: ($4.90) T, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO raises to $3.95, Hero calls $1.38.

Turn: ($11.93) 8 (2 players)

River: ($11.93) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.93.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings (K K)
      CO shows high card ace (A 6)
      Hero wins with three of a kind, kings (K K).

I don't know if I should have made All-In before the flop

Tell me something guys
  • 7 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Get it all in preflop after he 4bets.

Oh, don't show results next time.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Oh, don't show results next time.
      Why not?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Until you really know why you'd like to just call preflop, i'd recommend always shoving KK+ against a 4bet when you are out of position.

As for the "don't show results" thing, it's for us to be able to judge the hands unbiased, as seeing the actual result of the hand is always gonna influence us somehow. We'll have more information than you had at the table, so we might unconsiously end up coming up with a decision that wouldn't have been best for you at the time the hand was played.

Hope it helps.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      Yes, but if I go all-in, and my opponent has Ax and the flop brings another ace, i'm busted!
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MancaMulas
      Yes, but if I go all-in, and my opponent has Ax and the flop brings another ace, i'm busted!
      Hey buddy... your opponent's range doesn't always have an A in it... and even if he happens to be holding an A, the board likely will not have an A. What you said is almost like saying you don't want to shove preflop with KK in case your opponent hits a set with his pocket 22 or hits a flush with suited cards.... the point is, you want to get your money in when you're ahead and KK is definitely a hand that is ahead of most of villain's range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

True, but if the flop doesn't bring an ace, which will happen more often than the opposite, you win ! Try and download the Equilator to play with the numbers a bit.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/6/

KK against A6s wins 68% of the time, which means you make money in the long run no matter what happens after you get the money in preflop.

Another way to see it would be

* If you don't go all-in, he will usually fold the flop if he doesn't get an ace, and shove the flop if he gets one, meaning you won't make more money and allow him to play perfectly against your hand.

* If you do go all-in, he will have to call you with Ax preflop to see the flop, and since you have the best hand, this is a mistake on his part, so over time you will end up winning money off his mistake.

This approach is of course oversimplified and only takes into account the exact hands you have, but until you get used to these ideas and more complex stuff, trust us, shoving is the way to go with KK in that spot. Here your opponent is nuts so it probably didn't matter, but against most opponents it will, so try and get the right habits.

Hope it helps.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      thank you very much guys!