[NL2-NL10] AJs preflop nl25

• 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Between 4-bet and fold I would rather fold here.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      you should be raising to standard 4BB (1$) and i think you have to fold this OOP.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming that guy is some kind of regular tag, which it looks like he is :

* Calling is bad mostly because you don't want to end up in a big pot out of position with a hand that is easily dominated, it's not gonna be profitable for you to play. A reg will be 3betting QQ+ AQ+ here almost always, meaning if you flop a J and he bets again you're not happy, and if you flop an A and he bets again you're not happy either. Save yourself the money and the headaches.

* You can't 4-bet for value against common ranges here, so if you do you're assuming that this guy is getting somewhat out of line with his 3-betting, whether he has an extended 3-bet value range (rare at these stakes) or a big 3-bet bluffing range. In both cases, this is gonna force you to call a shove because with all the dead money already in the pot, AJs will have enough equity against those ranges. I would recommend not doing that until your opponent has given you lots of reasons to think he's messing with you, people just don't get out of line that much at small stakes.

* Folding is the safest option, ensuring you won't be mistake a huge mistake and cost yourself 96bb more in those tricky spots.

Hope it helps.