[NL2-NL10] TT, sh nl25

• 3 replies
    • jbld
      jbld
      Bronze
      Button looks quiet serious.
      You don't have the odds for set mining so fold is OK for me.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah I'd call I think.

BU 3-bet range is bigger then JJ+. You just goto know how to play it post flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You only have 23 hands on BU and he looks like a tag for the time being. His range for 3-betting you there is gonna be something like

1) JJ+, AK
      2) TT+, AQ+
      3) 99+, AQ+, random speculative hands like small pairs, suited connectors, Axs

depending on how aggro he is.

The flop texture is either gonna kill your hand ( AKQr, now AQ+ beats you too ) or leave you in a weird spot out of position having to take a guess ( Q62r, did he hit the Q ? did he have me beat to begin with ? will he bet the turn again with air ? 642r, how many bets can i call before i believe he has a bigger overpair ? )

If you don't have a better idea of his postflop aggression ( c-bet %, 2nd barrel % ) or his preflop 3betting range ( 3bet%, BUvsCO 3bet% ), it can be a real pain out of position. Most tags in that spot will call with TT and then c/call at least the c-bet on all but the ugliest broadway flops, planning on c/folding to any more action on later streets, figuring that their opponent won't fire again on the turn with worse hands.

If you're not scared of experimenting, i'd suggest matching TT against those ranges on different flop textures using the Equilator to get a rough idea of your equity on standard flops to figure out which ones you can continue on, and then calling 3bets at the table for you to forge your own experience on these spots. Keep in my mind that you're out of position, so your equity needs to be even bigger for you to be comfortable playing that.

Hope it helps.