[NL2-NL10] AT, sh nl25

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,85, 2 folds, SB calls $0,75, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,95) 7:spade: , Q:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($4,95) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,95) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $4,95

should I bet turn?
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Yes you can bet turn. It is pretty unlikely he has a Q
    • Joshquan
      why would you bet the turn, it just inflates the pot with a very marginal hand? there is little need to protect your hand, only the flush draw which is unlikely heads-up.

I think I'd play a pot control line of bet flop, check behind turn, call small bet on dry river.

Okay the flush completes but a Q makes it less likely he had one (Q), he could easily bluff at this pot or think he is value betting with a worse T, this is created by checking behidn the turn as you get paid of by worse hands that would fold to a turn bet or induce bluffs from worthless hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I would probably bet the turn again myself, since we don't know much about him yet. He can have a worse Tx, a flush draw, some kind of gutshot, a straight draw maybe, possibly 7x, and be willing to call again with those. That will also make him less likely to bet the river so you can check behind. If he bets anyway you can likely fold barring a read.

Checking behind the turn to call the river is probably fine too, but there are some river cards you won't like, plus i think that an unknown is more likely to make the mistake of calling too much as opposed to bluffing too much.

Hope it helps.