This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 98s preflop nl25

• 2 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Use villain steal % stat for this.

If he steals a lot 3-bet.
      If he steals little fold or cold-call depending on opponent

Cold-call I would use if opponent is very nitty so I can stack if I hit nicely.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If this guy has been stealing a lot lately you can 3-bet him with this nice suited connector, provided you know how to avoid troubles postflop if you get called (c-bet scary flops for him, don't cling to a one-pair hand as you're looking to hit the flop hard before putting more than a c-bet in the pot).

If he hasn't, i would recommend folding as opposed to coldcalling. You need a better read on that player to be able to just call preflop, as you won't hit the flop hard very often, and it's unlikely he's gonna have a good hand at the same time to pay you off. If he has a marginal hand or is very careful postflop, you're gonna have a hard time building a big pot out of position to stack him. You need to be sure that this guy is a huge nit preflop AND can't let go of an overpair postflop, or that he is so weak/tight that you can push him off anything by being extremely aggro postflop.

The fact that CO could come along if you just call is a bonus, but since he doesn't even have a full stack and he will also have position on you, i still don't think this is enough to justify a call until you know the BU is little better.

Hope it helps.