[NL20-NL50] AQ vs small 3 bet

• BogdanDin7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.8, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.8, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.70)
      A, 5, 9 (2 players) BB bets $3.60, Hero calls $3.60.

Turn: ($10.90)
      T (2 players) BB bets $10.80, Hero raises to $20.72(All-In), BB calls $1.14.

River: ($43.56)
      2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $43.56.

He made a qiute smallish 3bet so I guess he has either nuts like AA/KK and plays them like crap either marginal hand and because I`m in position and have easy decision postflop I can call. Is this ok or should I be better off folding ? Once I call I have to stack off with tp there right ?

He was playing 15/12/2.1 over 623 hands with a 3.9% 3-bet
  • 2 replies
    • silent21
      his stats are nitty tagissh and ur sample size is not so small so i would rely on them.

also his line is pretty fishy-strong ->

minraise preflop + potbet on flop + potbet on turn.

i would play it the same way pf and flop but on the turn i dont think there are much hands that TAG players would potbet and we beat. the only hand we could possible beat is AJ but i doubt he will play it this way. Guess he had AK or in rare cases AA.
    • MaestroOfZerg

He seems to be a straightforward nittish tag, meaning preflop you're a big dog against the range represented by his out of position 3bet. I don't mind dumping it against that kind of player, it's not like he's going to 3bet your steals all the time and you need to make a stand. You're gonna get his c-bet and nothing else when you hit an A and he doesn't, and you're gonna be in big trouble when you both hit because he will hit harder than you.

As played on the flop you're doing better and since you've got everything you hoped for when you called preflop, i see no reason not to at least call the c-bet.

On the turn tho, i can't really see that guy 2nd barrel shoving a blank turn with less than TPTK after you called his c-bet, i think it's much more likely he's trying to either make you think he's bluffing or trying to protect against whatever hands he thinks are a threat to his nut hand. He can't even have a flush draw i don't think. If you think he could be going nuts then you can probably justify a call, but i expect to be shown TPTK+ here almost always.

Hope it helps.