Hey guys (888 represent?)

• Richard81
      Richard81
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'll be here from now on to help you with any 888/pacific poker related questions.

Feel free to send me any question or comment you might have, whether it's related to pokerstrategy or 888 itself (any software/tournament/ring game question and anything else you can think of).

I hope i'll be able to help you with anything you need (except run good. I do not control any boom/doom switch:) ).

Cheers,

Richard.
  • 54 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      There is currently a bug with the Pacific software on the $0.50/$1 NL jackpot tables.

If you sit out waiting for the blinds and don't quickly unclick the Auto-jackpot button then 50c will still be taken from you even though you don't receive any cards.

It's really disappointing that weeks after I documented this and was compensated for it that the default is still the have the Auto-jackpot button checked.

(Of course those tables are the best tables you have so staying away is not an option! I'm just a lot more careful about unclicking that box when I sit down.)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hi,
      If you do not control boomswitch, could you ask the guy that controls it to keep it turned on for my acc few more days at least? ;) Maybe a week? ;)
    • Richard81
      Richard81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      There is currently a bug with the Pacific software on the $0.50/$1 NL jackpot tables.

If you sit out waiting for the blinds and don't quickly unclick the Auto-jackpot button then 50c will still be taken from you even though you don't receive any cards.

It's really disappointing that weeks after I documented this and was compensated for it that the default is still the have the Auto-jackpot button checked.

(Of course those tables are the best tables you have so staying away is not an option! I'm just a lot more careful about unclicking that box when I sit down.)
      I will look into this. Thanks.

In the next few days I will catch up on previous complaints and feedback and will forward everything to the right people.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      A common complaint - an option for posting should be made to post big blind WHEN you are on big blind. Now you can often miss your turn for paying BB and you have to wait another round.
    • Maarten84
      Maarten84
      Bronze
      Hi Richard

Is it true fee's you pay for sng's and MTT's are not the same as normal rakeback and therefore this won't count for your PokerStrategy bonus?

And could it be there is a minimum rakeback you have to produce a week before Pacific depositsa portion of the 100$ bonus?

Thanks a lot.
    • Richard81
      Richard81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berkstajger
      A common complaint - an option for posting should be made to post big blind WHEN you are on big blind. Now you can often miss your turn for paying BB and you have to wait another round.
      I'm not sure I understand the complaint.

What situation are you talking about? When you join a table? You have an auto post big blind button.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Richard81
      I'm not sure I understand the complaint.

What situation are you talking about? When you join a table? You have an auto post big blind button.
      When you join a table you should be able to click a button immediately that sits you out until it is your big blind and then you should auto-matically post the big blind if you have auto-post checked.

Currently if you click auto-post on Pacific you will post out of turn even if you are waiting for the big blind. :f_cry: :s_cry:
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      thats not true, when u sit in on table it ask u if u wana post BB now ur w8 for BB u pick W8 for BB and then check the box with aoto-post blind
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Yes, you have to wait and when you're on BB you have 5 seconds to confirm posting the BB. With 3, 4 tables open you can easily miss that time and have to wait another round. The software should automatically post BB instead of just popping up a table...
    • Maarten84
      Maarten84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maarten84
      Hi Richard

Is it true fee's you pay for sng's and MTT's are not the same as normal rakeback and therefore this won't count for your PokerStrategy bonus?

And could it be there is a minimum rakeback you have to produce a week before Pacific depositsa portion of the 100$ bonus?

Thanks a lot.
    • felippe4u
      felippe4u
      Bronze
      Richard can you please take a look at my posts from threads "5000$ Freerol" and "This makes me sick" and try to help out with answers or at least mediation between PS and 888.

Anyway, I think that I won't make the registration to the 5000$ Freeroll cause 888 Support can't help because of PS Support, and PS support don't answer to my ticket.
    • botteur
      botteur
      Bronze
      Richard when the shop will be open?
    • dianaisaS
      dianaisaS
      Bronze
      hi. I've been playing 2.5$ SnG. So far I've played like
      -100 2.5$ 6-handed SnG.
      -From Pacific Poker I have aboute 150-160 strategy points
      -if a 2.5$ SnG counts as wagering 2.5$, I've waggered so far 363$ exactly.

I've been told on the forum I need to collect 800 FPP's. for my calculations, i should have right now as much fpp's as i have strategy points, that means i should have 150-160 fpp's.
      So my doubts are:
      -how do i make the calculation for wagering - does a 2.5$ count as wagering 2.5$ or 2.8$? or 0.3$?
      -how does the fpp system really work? since i started playing exactly 20 days ago, how much time do i have to clear the extra 100$?

appreciate your time
      thanks

diana
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      HI, why your hand histories show incorrect values in PT3?
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erptech
      when will they be compatible with Holdem Manager?
      I just asked HEM support this weekend that and they said they were compatible. Just update HEM and it should be fine. i'm opening a pacific poker account tomorrow! Hope it is HEM compatible!!
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      I just updated and it works :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi Richard81

Not a whinge post just a point I think worth considering.

I have been denied the Second Starting Capital promotion through PokerStrategy.com. You're helpful (if slightly slow :) ) support have advised that I have a related account and therefore am not eligible. Fair enough.

The point worth considering is this... I don't remember having ever signed up with 888.com. I didn't have the software installed on my PC prior to signing up and I don't have any record of any passwords or usernames at all for the site. So this related account must have been set up at least a year ago and I've never (or at least virtually never) used it and never deposited to it.

The only way I'm likely to play with 888.com is through a promotion such as the second starting capital as I will not deposit my own money and until traffic improves through your site I'm probably likely to continue to avail myself of first deposit bonuses on the numerous other sites where I'm much more able to clear that bonus.

I, of course, understand the need for the exclusivity of the affiliate marketing chain and that resigning or retracking accounts potentially cuts your return per player, but for a situation such as I face, a reduced return must be better than no return?

Anyway, a bit of a chestnut I guess but I thought it worth noting. :f_grin:
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      I played with both preupdate and postupdate software. Even if the lastest update is going the right way there are a lot of things to improve. From the top of my head:

1. Filter - I should be able to filter by stakes. If i want to play in NL10 i don't want to see NL50 tables, but that's what happens now, as i can only filter by "less than $1".

2. Betting - Tha betting bar should be bigger. There should be a button to bet 3/2 pot and 1 equivalent to pot, which should be bigger, as i even have difficulties betting in the 1/2 pot button. They don't have to be huge, but slightly bigger.

3. Tables that need decision come to the top. Yesterday i was 4 tabling and had some difficulty to know which table needed a decision.

Cheers
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Hey,

1-)Where can i change the software language?

2-)Where can i see my handhistories?

3-) The most stupid, but need to ask: how can i can automatically post my blinds but in the right time (when im in BB or SB, not in the middle of the table)?