tightass identity check

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      hi, i sent cam photos of my id front and back and you can read everything, i also blacked out my photo on it and sig.

but, i've just got an email saying they want front back and one with my face next to it.

this is a total joke, i can't trust this site. why don't you just go steal my identity!

i'm very cautious and suspecting, anyway i don't know what reply i'll be expecting since you guys are scammers.

another question, i didn't use the download link for pokerstars on here i downloaded it straight off the original website so will that matter? i have however done everything else right apart from this gay id issue.
  • 25 replies
    • banditba2009
      banditba2009
      Bronze
      "hi, i sent cam photos of my id front and back and you can read everything, i also blacked out my photo on it and sig.

but, i've just got an email saying they want front back and one with my face next to it.

this is a total joke, i can't trust this site. why don't you just go steal my identity!

i'm very cautious and suspecting, anyway i don't know what reply i'll be expecting since you guys are scammers."

I have the same problem.
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      PS.com should add an IQ test to the poker test
    • MusashiX
      MusashiX
      Bronze
      :) ))

don't worry there's no sugar
      it's just anti-fraud check
      if you would give 50 bucks for free but just 1 package per user you wouldn't like to be scammed neither right ?
      there are many many players who received their bonus,just do as you've been told if you want the capital or invest your own money if not

(full tilt asked me for a scan of a utility bill,would you suspect them of tryin to secretly pay my bills?)
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      but in this age, you can never be sure about giving your identity to someone.

$50 is nothing for them given that they probably sell off out info aswell and it's likely they will get it back seen as you have to get 500vpp anyway (thats $500 worth of rake i believe) so you'd need a huge amount of skill and luck and time invested to see it through.

i don't understand the iq test suggestion, i'd much rather do that seen as my iq is very high, and am an A grader.

i think i may just pass at this opportunity, and invest my own money i knew this was too good to be true. they sure have made a hassle and made me scared of giving away my id
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      "i think i may just pass at this opportunity, and invest my own money i knew this was too good to be true."

You do that. If a picture of you and your id is too much to ask for, their money is probably better spent somewhere else.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      maybe instead of conspiracy theories, you could ask a couple a simple questions to any of the thousands of members in the forums

then use your intelligence to analyse the answers you get, and maybe make an INFORMED decision as to what you want to do.

if you choose to pass, that's up to you...no stress to all of us making the most of our free capital :)
    • MusashiX
      MusashiX
      Bronze
      that's right.

let's think for a second,you think someone would invest time to make a site of this amplitude,with dozens of articles about strategy,hundreds of comments on them , videos ,coaching, poker software, a forum with many many users, a news section & help ? for what ? to have a picture of you holding your id ?

and YES 50$ is little,but I wouldn't invest 50$ in poker with my current skill. you can loose it in 10 minutes. but then again,maybe you can read the scam articles put here for tricking the users to think this is real and maybe you'll use 50 wisely
      after that
      good luck
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      U are really inteligent because u found out we are a scam.

Plz do not inform more people,otherwise we will get ur IP address and come to your place...

This message will selfdestruct

:s_mad:
    • MusashiX
      MusashiX
      Bronze
      for all those who doubt the offer
      I got my 50$ 10 minutes ago ,after 4 days.
      no scam whatsoever. the end
      good luck
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      thanks for all your help guys and reassurance. perhaps i was ott saying this was a scam. i am incredibly frustrated by this procedure.

i think i may pass on this deal, it has worked out well for you guys so good luck at the tables!

$50 is really tempting but at the end of the day, it's £30 and i could afford this investment if i choose to.

i also feel it's not worth my time making money at this level, ie a beginner scraping $1 an hour. though one has to start somewhere...

thanks for your replies once again
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      thanks for all your help guys and reassurance. perhaps i was ott saying this was a scam. i am incredibly frustrated by this procedure.

i think i may pass on this deal, it has worked out well for you guys so good luck at the tables!

$50 is really tempting but at the end of the day, it's £30 and i could afford this investment if i choose to.

i also feel it's not worth my time making money at this level, ie a beginner scraping $1 an hour. though one has to start somewhere...

Have you taken my advice to read some of the forums? You'll find people are doing a little more than scraping $1 and hour. But if you cant be bothered doing some research......
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze

It's better to be winning 1$/h than loosing 50$/h. Everyone has to start from somewhere, you shouldn't be thinking about money now, instead of that concentrate on improving your game/making as much +EV decisions as possible and if you'll do that, money will come to you in the LONG run.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi shortfuse!

Welcome to pokerstrategy!

An id check is nessacery to stop people from creating multiple accounts and trying to recieve the capital more than one.

Once pokerstrategy have processed your id, it is deleted from there system and is not used again!

I can also reassure you that this is not a scam. Here is pokerstrategy's business model

Not only that by recieving the starting capital you are automatically upgraded to bronze status and from there you will recieve loads more learning material!

Regards,

-Jack
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      [
      Have you taken my advice to read some of the forums? You'll find people are doing a little more than scraping $1 and hour. But if you cant be bothered doing some research......
      im quite aware there are people who have been successful through this scheme. there is no need to be patronising, i was referring my personal situation ie my gains from this and potential losses and risks from this

i am still trying to understand this so bear with me.

what i fail to comprehend is taht you say you will delete my photos after checking them.
      but in the instance that i was a fraudster trying to claim $50 twice, how would you be sure that the second time it not the same guy if you don't have a stored photo of the first time?

and if you answer saying: check address
      then i ask, what is the point of the id check then?

and if you answer, to check whether address matches id and id matches photo,

then what if the person has moved house and claimed $50 again?
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      it's fine to be wary....but the sheer numbers here speak volumes for it's legitimacy. I've never had a problem, and neither have my friends who have also joined.

If you really dont want to do the id check, and you can deposit, there is always the option of using the links and getting a deposit bonus, as well as then being able to get points to unlock more strategy articles. I think you'd be able to do this without completing the id check, though an admin would know better than me.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

p.s.

I just noticed the bit about the pokerstars download...i'm not 100% sure, the account may not be linked to here to give you points unless you downloaded it through this site...but a stars player will know more. Some sites allow you to get accounts retracked if it hasn't been set up right, pokerstars support and support here are the best to ask if it comes to that.

You can contact support through the link just above the link to this forum.

Hope that somewhat helps, sorry i can help further, not quite sure of some things you've asked.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      [
      im quite aware there are people who have been successful through this scheme. there is no need to be patronising, i was referring my personal situation ie my gains from this and potential losses and risks from this

i am still trying to understand this so bear with me.

what i fail to comprehend is taht you say you will delete my photos after checking them.
      but in the instance that i was a fraudster trying to claim $50 twice, how would you be sure that the second time it not the same guy if you don't have a stored photo of the first time?

and if you answer saying: check address
      then i ask, what is the point of the id check then?

and if you answer, to check whether address matches id and id matches photo,

then what if the person has moved house and claimed $50 again?
      They may have moved house, but they wont have changed name so when they get asked for id it will have the same name, same age, same gender - it will be suspicious and they will get rejected.

This works whatever way you look at it :)

Regards,

-Jack
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze

They may have moved house, but they wont have changed name so when they get asked for id it will have the same name, same age, same gender - it will be suspicious and they will get rejected.

Regards,

-Jack
      so what is photo of face for then?

and thanks aussie i appreciate you spending time to post that
      i'll mull this over and see if i can part with my own cash or continue this process
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze

Regards,

-Jack
      so what is photo of face for then?

and thanks aussie i appreciate you spending time to post that
      i'll mull this over and see if i can part with my own cash or continue this process
      To show that it is actually your id card and your identity. You could be using someone elses id :)

Please remember that once you recieve the capital you will be upgraded to bronze status which unlocks more articles, videos and coachings :)

And like aussieian said, it is fine to be wary. Looking at the world today identity theft is one of the biggest crimes about which is why Pokerstrategy take it so seriously :)

Regards,

-Jack
    • vilmantas
      vilmantas
      Bronze
      Actually I am quite afraid of it aswell but I chose to trust this site. Keep the sent e-mail, you will have a decent proof of sending them your document which will have the same passport number and you will definately know who to blame. ;)