Question about poker stats

• flp0
      flp0
      Bronze
      I've been looking around the forum and i find discussion about "PFR" "VPIP" etc ( there are a lot of these ) and i was wandering what do they mean, if someone can explain it to me i would be grateful. And also i should ask how to determine my own statistics..thanks
  • 3 replies
    • MusashiX
      MusashiX
      Bronze
      go to the downloads section and try elephant
      this program will calculate them for you and you can read the documentation for what they mean
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hi, to determine your own, and opponents statistics we use various programs like Poker Tracked, Holdem Manager, or Elephant, try out elephant for now on since it has option of beginners HUD (heads up display) which will be easy to use and will help you to get used to it. VP$IP means Voluntarily put money in pot, or to make it more simple, how much % hands someone plays. PFR is preflop raise, that means how much hands someone raises preflop instead of calling. By watching at these two stats you can determine of how loose and aggressive preflop someone is. for example 40VPIP/5PFR player is calling station preflop, in other words loose passive, 20/17 player is solid tight/aggressive preflop player, and the guy that plays something like 36/27 could be named as loose/aggressive. There are more stats, but you'll find out about em as you'll start using one of my mentioned programs.
    • flp0
      flp0
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot I`ll try Elephant out and see what I can understand :)