This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Can't keep up a winning game, how to analyze?

• perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Hi fellow FLers.
      I just can't beat the 0.1/0.2 level on Full Tilt and I'd like some pointers on how to evaluate my game, like common leaks for beginners and stuff.

My graph so far:

http://haddang.se/pics/graph.png

And some stats:

I've only been playing with the bronze SHC from about 3,5k hands and forward so I guess the stats are not 100% correct.

Some of the things I noticed with my game is that I often overbet? (is that the correct word) with my overcards when I miss the flop and then loose to a low pair on showdown. And when I try to tighten up postflop I mostly end up folding those overcards right away. What is the correct play here? Just get the hell out of the hand when I don't hit the flop?

Some general questions:

In one hand i played today, I raised preflop with A9 suited, got re-raised and called.
      Flop was A69, I opened with a bet and got re-reraised, I called the bet and a J came on the turn and my opponent had JJ.
      Should I have capped the flop with my 2pair instead of just calling his re-raise? In these situations I tend to become very defensive when maybe I should be more aggressive and protect my hand?

About the bronze SHC:
      There is one table for "Calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you". But how to act if there is only a raiser? Should I go for the 3-bet table and never just call?

Any kind of feedback is most welcome!

*EDIT* That graph really f*cked up the forum, linking instead.
  • 12 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      I haven't read everything but the best thing you can do is to post hands into hands evaluation forum. ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi perperper,

you seem to go to the showdown way to lose. I'm not totally used to FR anymore but I remember that 33-35% should be fine. FR is often pretty passive and raises means strength so calldowns with weak made hands are often from.

Fold to 3-bet looks strange to me (well I'm not used to this stat very much) as it may indicate that you coldcall or cap too many hands against a 3-bet.

About your hand:

I need to know wheater you are in position or out of position.
      For now I assume that you are out of position.

First you should check/raise the flop instead of donkbetting. A donkbet is rarely correct.
      Against a 3-bet I cap with top twopair and bet/calldown the turn and river.

Against only a raiser without any callers it's indeed correct to only 3-bet or fold in any situation.
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      @Berkstajger, thanks, I'll be doing that :) .

@ciRith, Yes it was a donkbet, probably should have been more clear on that. So checkraise would be the correct call there, what about if we both checked and he bets on the turn when the J comes along, what would be the optimal play there?

About the stats, I'm not quite sure on how to interpret that stat either.

Off to see Transformers 2 now, I'll be checking in later tonight!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      If he checks behind you should bet yourself to not give him another freecard. You may even 3-bet as you have such a strong hand and JJ is the only hand that colud have played that way. (I think he would be AJ himself on the flop.)

Have fun with the movie. ;)
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Movie sucked, need moar Grimlock!
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      So, I played another session now, being a little tighter postflop, these are my stats:

Any pointers on what stats I should be aiming for are most welcome.

I ran in to a few hands with situations like the one below, with one raise and one 3-bet before me.

Dealt to Hero [Th Ts]
      Ken-Self posts the small blind of $0.05
      SUCKMYBOLT posts the big blind of $0.10
      vyache84 folds.
      Fruzzle84 folds.
      vectah raises to $0.20.
      Ketion raises to $0.30.
      betongsugga folds.

Was my fold correct here or should I have called?

Other than this and a few really sucky calls which brought down my winnings a little bit this was a good session. Thanks for the input so far!
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Fold to 3-bet looks strange to me (well I'm not used to this stat very much) as it may indicate that you coldcall or cap too many hands against a 3-bet.
      based on PT3 Statistical Reference Guide
      Fold 3B in PT3: The percentage of times the player folded when facing a three bet (re-raise) in total, or preflop or on the flop, turn or river. This includes all folds when facing a 3-bet, regardless of any previous action the player has or hasn't made.

sample: MP2 raise, MP3 3-bet,You fold from CO -> You folded to 3-bet
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Thanks kennyxx. So the stat should be fine.

perperper stats over just a few hundred hands are almost worthless. They are influenced too much by your cardluck. All I can see now is that you had a ew less showdownworth hands but you won most of them. Could be a break even or winning session.

This is fullring right? You fold is absolutly correct (JJ+ is a cap by the charts if I'm, correct).
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      QQ/AK+ is a cap according to bronze chart.
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Yeah you are right there ciRith, to small a sample, was merely pointing out that I'm hopefully on the right track ;) , but still, what kind of numbers should I be aiming at?

*Edit* Just moved my bankroll to bet365 for some more traffic, this is what I encounter :)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, 5 folds, UTG calls, UTG2 calls.

Flop: (10,50 SB) 2:spade: , 2:diamond: , Q:club: (3 players)
      UTG bets, UTG2 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG2 caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (9,75 BB) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets, Hero raises, UTG2 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG2 calls.

River: (17,75 BB) 4:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets, Hero raises, UTG2 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG2 calls.

Final Pot: 25,75 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of deuces (Qh Qd)
      UTG2 shows four of a kind, deuces (2h 2c)

UTG2 wins with four of a kind, deuces (2h 2c)
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by perperper

About the bronze SHC:
      There is one table for "Calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you". But how to act if there is only a raiser? Should I go for the 3-bet table and never just call?

Any kind of feedback is most welcome!
      I think you're right with the 3-bet table if there is just a raiser, or obviously the BB defense table as well.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      What a setup. :/

Maybe only calling the river 3-bet is better but it doesn't change a lot for you. :/

Maybe a FR player can post his stats here or give you an idea about good stats as the charts changed a few times in the past since I played FR so I don't know exact stats anymore.