Can't keep up a winning game, how to analyze?

• perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Hi fellow FLers.
      I just can't beat the 0.1/0.2 level on Full Tilt and I'd like some pointers on how to evaluate my game, like common leaks for beginners and stuff.

My graph so far:

http://haddang.se/pics/graph.png

And some stats:

I've only been playing with the bronze SHC from about 3,5k hands and forward so I guess the stats are not 100% correct.

Some of the things I noticed with my game is that I often overbet? (is that the correct word) with my overcards when I miss the flop and then loose to a low pair on showdown. And when I try to tighten up postflop I mostly end up folding those overcards right away. What is the correct play here? Just get the hell out of the hand when I don't hit the flop?

Some general questions:

In one hand i played today, I raised preflop with A9 suited, got re-raised and called.
      Flop was A69, I opened with a bet and got re-reraised, I called the bet and a J came on the turn and my opponent had JJ.
      Should I have capped the flop with my 2pair instead of just calling his re-raise? In these situations I tend to become very defensive when maybe I should be more aggressive and protect my hand?

About the bronze SHC:
      There is one table for "Calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you". But how to act if there is only a raiser? Should I go for the 3-bet table and never just call?

Any kind of feedback is most welcome!

*EDIT* That graph really f*cked up the forum, linking instead.
  • 12 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      I haven't read everything but the best thing you can do is to post hands into hands evaluation forum. ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi perperper,

you seem to go to the showdown way to lose. I'm not totally used to FR anymore but I remember that 33-35% should be fine. FR is often pretty passive and raises means strength so calldowns with weak made hands are often from.

Fold to 3-bet looks strange to me (well I'm not used to this stat very much) as it may indicate that you coldcall or cap too many hands against a 3-bet.

About your hand:

I need to know wheater you are in position or out of position.
      For now I assume that you are out of position.

First you should check/raise the flop instead of donkbetting. A donkbet is rarely correct.
      Against a 3-bet I cap with top twopair and bet/calldown the turn and river.

Against only a raiser without any callers it's indeed correct to only 3-bet or fold in any situation.
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      @Berkstajger, thanks, I'll be doing that :) .

@ciRith, Yes it was a donkbet, probably should have been more clear on that. So checkraise would be the correct call there, what about if we both checked and he bets on the turn when the J comes along, what would be the optimal play there?

About the stats, I'm not quite sure on how to interpret that stat either.

Off to see Transformers 2 now, I'll be checking in later tonight!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      If he checks behind you should bet yourself to not give him another freecard. You may even 3-bet as you have such a strong hand and JJ is the only hand that colud have played that way. (I think he would be AJ himself on the flop.)

Have fun with the movie. ;)
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Movie sucked, need moar Grimlock!
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      So, I played another session now, being a little tighter postflop, these are my stats:

Any pointers on what stats I should be aiming for are most welcome.

I ran in to a few hands with situations like the one below, with one raise and one 3-bet before me.

Dealt to Hero [Th Ts]
      Ken-Self posts the small blind of $0.05
      SUCKMYBOLT posts the big blind of $0.10
      vyache84 folds.
      Fruzzle84 folds.
      vectah raises to $0.20.
      Ketion raises to $0.30.
      betongsugga folds.

Was my fold correct here or should I have called?

Other than this and a few really sucky calls which brought down my winnings a little bit this was a good session. Thanks for the input so far!
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Fold to 3-bet looks strange to me (well I'm not used to this stat very much) as it may indicate that you coldcall or cap too many hands against a 3-bet.
      based on PT3 Statistical Reference Guide
      Fold 3B in PT3: The percentage of times the player folded when facing a three bet (re-raise) in total, or preflop or on the flop, turn or river. This includes all folds when facing a 3-bet, regardless of any previous action the player has or hasn't made.

sample: MP2 raise, MP3 3-bet,You fold from CO -> You folded to 3-bet
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Thanks kennyxx. So the stat should be fine.

perperper stats over just a few hundred hands are almost worthless. They are influenced too much by your cardluck. All I can see now is that you had a ew less showdownworth hands but you won most of them. Could be a break even or winning session.

This is fullring right? You fold is absolutly correct (JJ+ is a cap by the charts if I'm, correct).
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      QQ/AK+ is a cap according to bronze chart.
    • perperper
      perperper
      Bronze
      Yeah you are right there ciRith, to small a sample, was merely pointing out that I'm hopefully on the right track ;) , but still, what kind of numbers should I be aiming at?

*Edit* Just moved my bankroll to bet365 for some more traffic, this is what I encounter :)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, 5 folds, UTG calls, UTG2 calls.

Flop: (10,50 SB) 2:spade: , 2:diamond: , Q:club: (3 players)
      UTG bets, UTG2 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG2 caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (9,75 BB) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets, Hero raises, UTG2 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG2 calls.

River: (17,75 BB) 4:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets, Hero raises, UTG2 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG2 calls.

Final Pot: 25,75 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of deuces (Qh Qd)
      UTG2 shows four of a kind, deuces (2h 2c)

UTG2 wins with four of a kind, deuces (2h 2c)
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by perperper

About the bronze SHC:
      There is one table for "Calling/raising with raises and callers in front of you". But how to act if there is only a raiser? Should I go for the 3-bet table and never just call?

Any kind of feedback is most welcome!
      I think you're right with the 3-bet table if there is just a raiser, or obviously the BB defense table as well.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      What a setup. :/

Maybe only calling the river 3-bet is better but it doesn't change a lot for you. :/

Maybe a FR player can post his stats here or give you an idea about good stats as the charts changed a few times in the past since I played FR so I don't know exact stats anymore.