This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25 Aj

• RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($4.60)
      CO ($57.32)
      Button ($9.30)
      SB ($27.68)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.10)
      UTG+1 ($18.60)
      MP1 ($25)
      Hero (MP2) ($8.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 2, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

Turn: ($6.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($12.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25 (All-In), CO calls $2.25

Total pot: $16.85 | Rake: $0.84

Was flop and turn play OK? i think I had enough implied odds for calling turn.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Nut FD and OC's make pushing turn as a 2nd barrel the play that I make.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Rah,

Bet less on the Flop since the board is dry (Because you have A) and 2nd barrel on the Turn and with a 33bb stack, I just shove it on the Turn.

Your c/c doesn't give you many benefits so I prefer Bet/Call than Check/X

- Gerv
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Hmm, I always bet those draws very agressively to achieve as much fold equity as possible and to avoid spots when I'm confronted with a turn bet without good odds. I feel that if I bet less he'll call with smal PPs or middlepairs to which i have a lot of outs but still I prefer to take the pot on the spot. And if I hit the pot is much bigger and he's probably committed for his whole stack. If I miss and he overbets I can be pretty sure to be playing against a monster and fold.

For the turn I really didn't feel to have any fold equity so I just tried to see the last card as cheaply as possible. I'm not able to explain however why I thought that, just had a strong feeling.