$12.13
      MP1:
      $56.19
      CO:
      $54.25
      Hero:
      $50.84

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 4:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.00, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 5:spade: , 7:spade: , T:club: (4 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 bets $4.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $20.00, UTG folds, MP1 raises to $55.19 (All-In), Hero raises to $49.84 (All-In)...

Final Pot: $109.78

I just checked Equilator, is calling the flop better?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I`m getting my money in with that on the flop given the fact that I have about 50% equity even just against overs and sets.

I don`t like calling as much as raising there because if turn blanks you will often have to make a call with less equity by your side and if you do hit you`re not sure you can stack him off anymore because at least the fd is obvious.

Oh and there is really no point in calling preflop with such a hand if you don`t go for stacks on a flop like that.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Oh and there is really no point in calling preflop with such a hand if you don`t go for stacks on a flop like that.
      +1
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I`m getting my money in with that on the flop given the fact that I have about 50% equity even just against overs and sets.

I don`t like calling as much as raising there because if turn blanks you will often have to make a call with less equity by your side and if you do hit you`re not sure you can stack him off anymore because at least the fd is obvious.

+2

Do you really need the equilator with an OESFD?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984

+2

Do you really need the equilator with an OESFD?
      I was surprised to see I only have 42% equity vs a set, hence the question.
      I will have to call next time vs this type of player(setminer) imo, maybe someone else calls or squeezes.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      If you are sure he has a set, then calling is definitely better, since you're putting your money in behind and you know you'll get his whole stack when you hit.

But then, you gotta be SURE, eh? =)

All in all, it's hardly ever wrong to put your money in the flop wih an OESFD.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also raise and get all-in on the flop
      there is always good chance that player would bet/fold to your raise and if he decides to shove you´re flipping or are ahead whatever he holds.