This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 64s BU - monster draw

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $12.13
      MP1:
      $56.19
      CO:
      $54.25
      Hero:
      $50.84

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 4:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.00, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 5:spade: , 7:spade: , T:club: (4 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 bets $4.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $20.00, UTG folds, MP1 raises to $55.19 (All-In), Hero raises to $49.84 (All-In)...

Final Pot: $109.78

I just checked Equilator, is calling the flop better?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I`m getting my money in with that on the flop given the fact that I have about 50% equity even just against overs and sets.

I don`t like calling as much as raising there because if turn blanks you will often have to make a call with less equity by your side and if you do hit you`re not sure you can stack him off anymore because at least the fd is obvious.

Oh and there is really no point in calling preflop with such a hand if you don`t go for stacks on a flop like that.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Oh and there is really no point in calling preflop with such a hand if you don`t go for stacks on a flop like that.
      +1
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I`m getting my money in with that on the flop given the fact that I have about 50% equity even just against overs and sets.

I don`t like calling as much as raising there because if turn blanks you will often have to make a call with less equity by your side and if you do hit you`re not sure you can stack him off anymore because at least the fd is obvious.

+2

Do you really need the equilator with an OESFD?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984

+2

Do you really need the equilator with an OESFD?
      I was surprised to see I only have 42% equity vs a set, hence the question.
      I will have to call next time vs this type of player(setminer) imo, maybe someone else calls or squeezes.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      If you are sure he has a set, then calling is definitely better, since you're putting your money in behind and you know you'll get his whole stack when you hit.

But then, you gotta be SURE, eh? =)

All in all, it's hardly ever wrong to put your money in the flop wih an OESFD.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also raise and get all-in on the flop
      there is always good chance that player would bet/fold to your raise and if he decides to shove you´re flipping or are ahead whatever he holds.