[NL20-NL50] NL25SH AA 3bet pot OOP

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Villain was 35/17/2.6 but only over 30 hands. Did i play it too nitty? Idk, i just don't see much that i could be beating here.
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($14.95)
      MP ($43)
      CO ($27.55)
      Button ($33.25)
      Hero (SB) ($25)
      BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      1 fold, MP bets $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold, MP calls $2.75

Flop: ($7.25) 9, 10, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($16.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $13.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $16.25 | Rake: $0.75
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - bet more on flop because its very drawy like $6.50+
      - b/f turn because draws and 1-pair hands will call and straight should raise to protect vs FD.
      - On river blockbet $8-9 if hes passive, c/c if hes aggro since he might bet busted flush draws.

- oop you must play aggro or you will be bluffed many times when you show weakness on the turn.

- Notice how he checks back turn, seems like he's on a FD. Since he busted on river, he bluffs ip after you show weakness twice.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Yea, as played you should call the river, he might of course check with straight/set for bluff induce but more likely he has fd or Qx there
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      - bet more on flop because its very drawy like $6.50+
      - b/f turn because draws and 1-pair hands will call and straight should raise to protect vs FD.
      - On river blockbet $8-9 if hes passive, c/c if hes aggro since he might bet busted flush draws.

- oop you must play aggro or you will be bluffed many times when you show weakness on the turn.

- Notice how he checks back turn, seems like he's on a FD. Since he busted on river, he bluffs ip after you show weakness twice.
      How could i b/f turn if i'd only have 14,9 left in 20.25 pot? ?( On river most broadways kills me, KJ/KQ/QJ/AJ even TJ/TQ/TK, so almost no worse would call me so all i get is to hope that he called pf and floated me with small pockets/ suited ace rags etc. Oh and i didn't bet much on flop because i think i'm just flipping vs his range on such board and if so, then i see no need to make pot huge with relatively weak hand.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      MP bets $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold, MP calls $2.75

i dont think villain will call ur big 3bet with PP. if so he should fold to the cbet because ur range for 3betting(i suppose) hits very hard the board.

also its very hard for him to have set here becayse if so he must reraise ur cbet on this drawy board, therefore the worst range i can give to him is - two pairs, or Jx hand -> so folding is ok imo. nh
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your line, it's a 3bet pot and villain doesn't seem very good, i think it's quite possible he wouldn't raise two pairs, sets or flushdraws along the way given you will do the betting yourself more often than not. If he has a near-lock on the turn it's a good play by him to be checking behind to give you a chance to hang yourself, as you rarely have a flush draw. He might not be aware of this but instinctively most fish (if he even is a fish, after 30 hands it's not clear-cut) like to slowplay big hands, especially when getting all the money in on the river won't be a problem anyway given the stack sizes if you check again.

Since he could call with broadways preflop, you're a 3:2 favorite on the flop against a range of 22+ / broadways, and you're already a huge dog on the turn against 99+ / broadways. Being able to give up starting premium hands in spots where you most likely don't beat anything will make you money in the long run, as you will only sometimes be bluffed out of the pot with the best hand, but you will very often get stacked by better hands if you go broke here.

Hope it helps.