This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH AQs FD + overcards vs midstack

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      On flop i think i have positive equity to go all in but maybe i could play it differently and use out my position more? For example check behind and take a free card since i expect to get c/r'ed on such boards alot.
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (UTG) ($25.20)
      MP ($30.50)
      Button ($24.15)
      SB ($36.10)
      BB ($10.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
      Hero bets $0.75, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 7, 6, 10 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $24.45 (All-In), BB calls $7.05 (All-In)
  • 3 replies
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Nice hand. Your flipping against like Tx...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      He could raise with Tx, FD, SD, T9, 45, 99, JJ, bluff, etc I think I shove here too
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a unknown 40bb stack this is perfectly fine, you're never is a bad enough shape against his range for you to make a mistake be getting it in there. I wouldn't try and play this passively without some very specific reads on that player, which you don't have.

When you say you are afraid to get c/r'ed on such boards a lot, try and define exactly what hands would c/r you. The more semibluffs/air/hands_you're_a_favorite_against he does that with, the better the bet/3bet line is for you.

Even if you believe he will only raise/call you with sets and straights, you are probably still better off bet/3betting to make him fold all the rest, as you have decent equity against this very strong, yet small, part of his range.

Hope it helps.