[NL20-NL50] NL25SH AQs FD + overcards vs midstack

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      On flop i think i have positive equity to go all in but maybe i could play it differently and use out my position more? For example check behind and take a free card since i expect to get c/r'ed on such boards alot.
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (UTG) ($25.20)
      MP ($30.50)
      Button ($24.15)
      SB ($36.10)
      BB ($10.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
      Hero bets $0.75, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 7, 6, 10 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $24.45 (All-In), BB calls $7.05 (All-In)
  • 3 replies
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Nice hand. Your flipping against like Tx...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      He could raise with Tx, FD, SD, T9, 45, 99, JJ, bluff, etc I think I shove here too
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a unknown 40bb stack this is perfectly fine, you're never is a bad enough shape against his range for you to make a mistake be getting it in there. I wouldn't try and play this passively without some very specific reads on that player, which you don't have.

When you say you are afraid to get c/r'ed on such boards a lot, try and define exactly what hands would c/r you. The more semibluffs/air/hands_you're_a_favorite_against he does that with, the better the bet/3bet line is for you.

Even if you believe he will only raise/call you with sets and straights, you are probably still better off bet/3betting to make him fold all the rest, as you have decent equity against this very strong, yet small, part of his range.

Hope it helps.