This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl50 AA vs flat caller from BB

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3(Hero):
      $25.15
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $42.45
      SB:
      $62.75
      BB:
      $22.20
      MP2:
      $22.55

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      CO posts deadblind, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) J, Q, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $4.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($15.00) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

River: ($29.00) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $29.00.

i thought it was very weird he was cold calling me and got afraid he was trapping me after it became obvious i was not letting go

looking back though it was a prime candidate for value betting the river and i am a huge fan of value bets. but his cold calling looked very dangerous.. how do you rate the play? thanks
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      He checked river, He doesn't normally do that with hands that beat you. Easy valuebet with only half a stack. You will get calls from TP's and occasionally mid pairs or even worse if he's particularly insane. What exactly are you scared of?

Oh, and stats please.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      yeah i know i played it wrong, i remember doing a quick copy paste of the hand because i wasnt happy with it but when i posted it here i immediately realized what i did.

i guess my question is that if this player is slowplaying me even on the river i should pay him off anyway as i will be ahead most of the time in situations like this?

i dont have hud

vista is giving me shit, i need to reinstall it but i have lost the recovery disc. on the bright side, i have found that it helps me focus on my sessions, i keep an eye on all the tables, many players have notes and i am able to assess a situation individually. i think it will be better for me long term that i grinded it out without hud.

when i do get hud (although i am not particuarly looking forward to it) i will be GOD.

durrrr is GOD and he apparently hates trackers.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Excelgeo,

When moving up the limits, I recommend using a HUD

Furthermore rebuy to max as a 50bb~ stack gives you more disadvantages than benefits
      Preflop I would raise to $2.5 just for Value

I would Barrel more to $9 and shove the River when 4 is the Rivercard, he misses all draws, will call u with Qx and maybe eveN KJ/AJ so easy double up imo

- Gerv
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Excelgeo,

When moving up the limits, I recommend using a HUD

Furthermore rebuy to max as a 50bb~ stack gives you more disadvantages than benefits
      Preflop I would raise to $2.5 just for Value

I would Barrel more to $9 and shove the River when 4 is the Rivercard, he misses all draws, will call u with Qx and maybe eveN KJ/AJ so easy double up imo

- Gerv
      i only had that big a stack because i had doubled up. and i am not going to leave the table before the BB comes to me. it's a law.

about the hud:

I CANNOT HAVE IT because elephant refuses to work on my computer and the software guys have done nothing to help me. you think if i did have HUD i would not use it?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Use HEM/PT :)

Yes I know you ain't going to leave but playing or folding with a 50bb stack is not optimal. I rebuy to 100bb myself without any knowledge of BSS back then :rolleyes: