$42.45
      SB:
      $62.75
      BB:
      $22.20
      MP2:
      $22.55

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      CO posts deadblind, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) J, Q, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $4.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($15.00) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

River: ($29.00) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $29.00.

i thought it was very weird he was cold calling me and got afraid he was trapping me after it became obvious i was not letting go

looking back though it was a prime candidate for value betting the river and i am a huge fan of value bets. but his cold calling looked very dangerous.. how do you rate the play? thanks
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      He checked river, He doesn't normally do that with hands that beat you. Easy valuebet with only half a stack. You will get calls from TP's and occasionally mid pairs or even worse if he's particularly insane. What exactly are you scared of?

Oh, and stats please.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      yeah i know i played it wrong, i remember doing a quick copy paste of the hand because i wasnt happy with it but when i posted it here i immediately realized what i did.

i guess my question is that if this player is slowplaying me even on the river i should pay him off anyway as i will be ahead most of the time in situations like this?

i dont have hud

vista is giving me shit, i need to reinstall it but i have lost the recovery disc. on the bright side, i have found that it helps me focus on my sessions, i keep an eye on all the tables, many players have notes and i am able to assess a situation individually. i think it will be better for me long term that i grinded it out without hud.

when i do get hud (although i am not particuarly looking forward to it) i will be GOD.

durrrr is GOD and he apparently hates trackers.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Excelgeo,

When moving up the limits, I recommend using a HUD

Furthermore rebuy to max as a 50bb~ stack gives you more disadvantages than benefits
      Preflop I would raise to $2.5 just for Value

I would Barrel more to $9 and shove the River when 4 is the Rivercard, he misses all draws, will call u with Qx and maybe eveN KJ/AJ so easy double up imo

- Gerv
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Excelgeo,

When moving up the limits, I recommend using a HUD

Furthermore rebuy to max as a 50bb~ stack gives you more disadvantages than benefits
      Preflop I would raise to $2.5 just for Value

I would Barrel more to $9 and shove the River when 4 is the Rivercard, he misses all draws, will call u with Qx and maybe eveN KJ/AJ so easy double up imo

- Gerv
      i only had that big a stack because i had doubled up. and i am not going to leave the table before the BB comes to me. it's a law.

about the hud:

I CANNOT HAVE IT because elephant refuses to work on my computer and the software guys have done nothing to help me. you think if i did have HUD i would not use it?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Use HEM/PT :)

Yes I know you ain't going to leave but playing or folding with a 50bb stack is not optimal. I rebuy to 100bb myself without any knowledge of BSS back then :rolleyes: