[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 54s turned straight

• koaesica
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 6:spade: , 7:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,75, BU raises to $8,50,

The only read I have on villain is that he is a multitabling tagish player.

I'm not sure what he would reraise with on the turn. Maybe like 67s, 66 and the unlikely 77. He would probably reraise with a 7 and a good kicker, but would he call with A7s preflop against a single opponent? I'm also not so sure he would continue with 33 on the flop.

I beat 78s and overpairs, but would he really reraise with those hands?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      Yes he would because he has high AF.

imo he has a 7 or worse in this spot and I would 3bet/call turn since he could easily have a draw and suckout if we just call.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Quite frankly given his stats i wouldn't be surprised if he was bluffing there, he seems like the type of tag looking for those spots where they can apply maximum pressure on the pfa's range : high AF, somewhat large vpip/pfr gap, low WTSD. They are aggressive, they show up on that board with lots of missed speculative hands, and they rarely get to showdown because they are raising people off their hands very often. The problem is that whether you call or 3bet his raise, i don't think we get anything more out of his air unless maybe we c/c the river, which won't be a fun spot for us to be in without a better read on the guy's bluffing tendencies.

If he isn't bluffing, i think he can still do that with 87, 76, 66, 77, maybe a flushdraw, maybe a slowplayed overpair figuring he can stack your overpair. I don't think he's folding any of those to a 3bet except the flushdraws against which we don't mind protecting. Combos-wise, if he can slowplay an overpair there sometimes, given the money already in the pot, i think it's fine to get it in right there against that player.

Hope it helps.