[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh Qq

• koaesica
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 3 folds, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) T:heart: , T:diamond: , J:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2,85, Hero raises to $5,70, MP2 raises to $8,55,

Don't tease me for this hand :) . His flop 3-bet really screams strength, possibly Tx or stronger.

First of all, his donk pot bet. How should I react? Just call and re-evalute turn? I'm a bit unsure of what to do on like a blank turn... Is it really bad to reraise him on the flop? And when he 3-bets me I guess should give up when I played as I did. Or can I call here? I'm probably never getting to a showdown for free, because he probably ships in his last 10$ into the 20$ pot on the turn or river. Which probably makes the call pretty bad if I don't think he does this with a J or something...
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      Since he is passive and donks big, I would prob call once or twice to see if he really has the T. It looks like hes protecting a J from a FD/SD.

If he gets very aggro on turn its hard to continue vs a passive player but maybe he does this with a draw or a J? These hands are way more likely than a T.

Against this loose midstack I think you must go broke here. He prob has low AF due to his high VP$IP.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't get your minraise if you plan on folding that hand. If you think he can do that with a flushdraw or a J, raise it bigger and call the shove, with 48 WTSD he likely isn't folding. If you don't, call in position in case he's bluffing and be prepared to fold your overpair on the turn following your read if he pots into you again.

Personally i think i would raise/call the flop, even passive players make weird moves sometimes if they get sick of your isoraise/c-bet combo, which most of them have to endure when a tag has position on them. I believe he can have Jx there often enough.

Hope it helps.