Beginners Where?

• captdale
      What is a beginner to you? I had seen this site online so I sent a friend to it because he was wanting to learn to play,he e-mailed me asking if I would check this out and explain to him where the beginner stuff was,,so I joined and I have not not found it yet,they have what they call beginner videos,so I looked at them,,who the heck can play 4 tables at the same time and explain what and why is going on,so I went to sit and go's,same thing,sorry but I am from the southern United States and I could not understand what they were saying,lol,,the question is " do you have a slow one table Texas Holdum teaching platform for a real beginner?" I have only been playing poker for 40 years and have a lot of friends my age who has the time and would love to learn how to play,if you can point me in the right direction to find such a site I would appreciate it,thanks,captdale
  • 4 replies
    • georgeianov
      read everything xD
    • EagleStar88
      Hi captdale,

Thank you for your question, PokerStrategy have lots of great strategy information, learning guides, videos and free live coaching sessions available.
      These are all allocated a member status, e.g. Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold etc and are designed to guide beginners through the learning curve at an appropriate pace and learning just a little at a time until they become more experienced.

Most of the beginner material is set at Bronze status, which your friend will be able to access as soon as he/she starts to play poker on their linked account (just 1x PokerStrategy point required for Bronze status).

4 tables are generally used in the videos to show members more playable hands in a shorter period of time otherwise as you can imagine, there would be large periods of time where the coach would just be folding his cards. The videos can of course be paused and "rewound" to review each action made.
      The videos will actually make a lot more sense after reading the associated Bronze status strategy guides which lay out the different actions and when/where to play them.

On a secondary note, unfortunately due to current legal framework within the United States, PokerStrategy are unable to offer accounts to residents of the U.S.A.

In 2006 ,US lawmakers passed the so called Unlawful Internet Gambling Act (UIGEA). Whilst we believe that it does not apply to, as a legal precaution, we fully comply with it.
      Thus it is our policy not to accept customers from the USA.

We all hope that this legal situation changes soon so that this restriction can be reviewed.

Thank you for your post, it's good to see you helping your friends to enjoy this great game of poker we all share the passion for. :)

Best regards,

• tokyoaces
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      In 2006 ,US lawmakers passed the so called Unlawful Internet Gambling Act (UIGEA). Whilst we believe that it does not apply to, as a legal precaution, we fully comply with it.
      I've kind of always wondered what this means ... currently there is no way to comply with the UIGEA because it has not gone into effect yet. Even so it is clear that the financial system is going to have to do the regulation.

Is Poker Strategy a bank?
    • wowadvisor
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Is Poker Strategy a bank?
      no a school. :f_cool: