[NL2-NL10] sss - calling raise preflop w/ ATs

• random3
      random3
      Bronze
      I know this is not recommended with SS strategy, but it seemed like a good opportunity. I was thinking since I could call with this hand if there are 2 limpers, I can as well call if there are 2 raise callers (pot odds 1:4). Is there a problem with this logic? Anyway here is the hand, any comments are appreciated.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?882876
  • 3 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      there is a problem with your thinking.
      The more money that goes in preflop, the less money will be left over to show a profit if you hit good.
      Furthermore is AT nearly always dominated in a raised pot and has high reversed implied odds if you hit an Ace because your opponents are very likely to hold a stronger Ace.
      Most of the time you will just have to fold your hand on the flop and loose to much money in the process by calling preflop.

ATs is a really crap hand in a raised hand!
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Thought so, lol. Well at least I got lucky in that hand. I'll stay away from raised pots with such hand in the future tho.
    • CrasyTerror
      CrasyTerror
      Bronze
      There's another problem with that thinking to, if there's just limpers, they haven't showed any real strength in their hands. but if there is a raise, and someone calls that raise, this means that 2 people already have showed strength. A call often seems very weak, but they can more than often mean high strength..

Atleast that is my opinion.

/Niklas