This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] sss - calling raise preflop w/ ATs

• random3
      random3
      Bronze
      I know this is not recommended with SS strategy, but it seemed like a good opportunity. I was thinking since I could call with this hand if there are 2 limpers, I can as well call if there are 2 raise callers (pot odds 1:4). Is there a problem with this logic? Anyway here is the hand, any comments are appreciated.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?882876
  • 3 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      there is a problem with your thinking.
      The more money that goes in preflop, the less money will be left over to show a profit if you hit good.
      Furthermore is AT nearly always dominated in a raised pot and has high reversed implied odds if you hit an Ace because your opponents are very likely to hold a stronger Ace.
      Most of the time you will just have to fold your hand on the flop and loose to much money in the process by calling preflop.

ATs is a really crap hand in a raised hand!
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Thought so, lol. Well at least I got lucky in that hand. I'll stay away from raised pots with such hand in the future tho.
    • CrasyTerror
      CrasyTerror
      Bronze
      There's another problem with that thinking to, if there's just limpers, they haven't showed any real strength in their hands. but if there is a raise, and someone calls that raise, this means that 2 people already have showed strength. A call often seems very weak, but they can more than often mean high strength..

Atleast that is my opinion.

/Niklas