Glitch! on partypoker! ....

• Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      You could imagine my 'glee' when i log onto partypoker today to find my $50 deposited into my account, thinking wicked! how awesome is that! so anyway.

I sit down at a $6 heads up to get a feel of things, im winning against a player named 'svend4' when the game glitches out and i am stuck in 'away' mode, every single hand i had was automatically FOLDED!! i clicked the 'im back' button every time, unticked the away box but nothing worked!!

Now, my connection was 100% so i definately did not have any connection problems, but is it possible for this guy to 'hack!' my computer.

I've sent an e-mail to partypoker explaining what happened, but to me it seems like foul play. If their systems are that glitchy, then i'll be expecting my money back ....

1st post Ollie, P'D OFF!!
  • 25 replies
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      AutoBlock for nice BRM :)
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Originally posted by extpan
      heh?
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      prolly should have closed the software down and relaunched. It should drop you back in the game.
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Well i should have asked a question in my post ...

Has anyone had a similar experience at all? Or even heard of that happening?

Rest assured i will be sticking to Pokerstars, but not till i rant to support =P (who's lines seem to be busy 24/7).

Ollie
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      yes, i’ve got similar problem some months ago when i was playing a 1tableSnG, i closed party and started it again and the problem was gone :)
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      happened to me. shut down party poker and relaunched it. then everythings fine again.... sometims its just windows and the new updates they have with party poker.. it was the same with ongame when they had the new P5...

its just a matter of preference i think... i still play at party poker and is doing quite well despite the glithces i encountered
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chriszea
      Originally posted by extpan
      heh?
      he does have a point haha :)

Sucks what happened but why would you play for 6$ anyways?
    • Chopsticks43
      Chopsticks43
      Bronze
      This happens often with me on party in SNG and also somtime on cash tables. It is very frustrating if it happens when you are playing lots of tables in the late stages on SNG and the only way to sort it out is close all the tablets log out and the re-connect to party. But you loose out on some hands during that time. I have asked party a few times but they dont think it is there problem although I never get the same problem on other sofware. :s_evil:
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replys! Well that clears up the problem, i guess i'd rather it be a windows problem then some dou**e playen me ..

Why $6 table ... err why not, im good at heads up ... i hadn't played partypoker before so i was just susing it... what a wierd question ...

cheers, Ollie
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replys! Well that clears up the problem, i guess i'd rather it be a windows problem then some dou**e playen me ..

Why $6 table ... err why not, im good at heads up ... i hadn't played partypoker before so i was just susing it... what a wierd question ...

cheers, Ollie
      Hello Chriszea,

The reason they are asking why you are playing heads-up is that with a $50 starting capital you don't even have a 10 buy-ins of the limit you were playing on.

That means one swoop of variance and the entire bankroll is gone. Even for experienced players bankroll management is essential for longterm success. Variance is simply too high to risk large parts of a bankroll on any one session - no matter how good one is.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Ah yes, thats what i thought afterall. I'll be sticking to the SSS from now on. Wish me luck.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD

cheers, Ollie
      Hello Chriszea,

The reason they are asking why you are playing heads-up is that with a $50 starting capital you don't even have a 10 buy-ins of the limit you were playing on.

That means one swoop of variance and the entire bankroll is gone. Even for experienced players bankroll management is essential for longterm success. Variance is simply too high to risk large parts of a bankroll on any one session - no matter how good one is.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Always so diplomatic :) Always interesting to read the creative BRM flames on PS.com from Primzi and the like :D
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Again thank you all for your reply's. Very pleased with this site i must say!

P.S. Never been one with bankroll management, damn my tilting ways, one must learn =P.

Cheers, Ollie
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Well to start with you were not following BRM so you would of gone broke anyway. Also you can't demand free money back because then I could go into my bank and ask for a refund on everything I bought in the past year.

:s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      $1 or even $2 HU wouldn't have hurt so much.
      I ignored BRM, sat at $100 SH NL table with a full buyin and £300 BR. Not surprisingly 5 minutes in I lost my stack with KK v JJ on a J rag rag board. Lesson learned...do NOT get cocky because you're cruising your limit and it looks a fishy table! Even fish can have teeth. Sigh.

I have had no probs with PP software though so sorry to hear that.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Ive had the same problem, I emailed support and they told me to Send Printscreen and hand number..
    • Chriszea
      Chriszea
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Well to start with you were not following BRM so you would of gone broke anyway. Also you can't demand free money back because then I could go into my bank and ask for a refund on everything I bought in the past year.
      The 'free' money i can live without, more so 'concerned' that there was some kind of cheating going on, thats what i wanted cleared up =) . Then again, money lost to a glitch is money lost to a glitch .....

peace, Ollie

BRM [on]
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      Always so diplomatic :) Always interesting to read the creative BRM flames on PS.com from Primzi and the like :D
      Yeah Soy always appears to be really diplomatic ;)

And Primzi has given up poker for a week or 2 which i think also means giving up spamming the forums ;)

Huuraah!

But anyway you have learnt your lesson, now put it into practice and use BRM :)

-Jack
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      this experience doesnt come from poker but one thing i learned is this:

when you cant explain something you will usually say it is hack but the best thing you can do is to first check other possibilities and then consider the hack-theory.

-same would be as a guy getting dealt pocket aces four times in a row and his opponent might think - omg he is using some pocket aces hack, that's impossible! in reality he just got terribly lucky.

as for party poker, i haven't had any issues with it thus far, sorry to hear there are actually more than a few people with such problems.