$10.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB:
      $7.65

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3, 3.
      MP2 raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 3, Q, A (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $2.4, BU folds, MP2 calls $1.55.

Turn: ($6.15) Q (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.15) Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.15.

V: 15/13/3.5 118h

Bet turn?
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello. You should really bet that turn, especially after flop action, to build up the pot for a shove.. like 1/2 pot. Of course he could have AQ and this would have you beat, but it's not very likely and will be just a cooler if he did. The river is very ugly, folding is correct.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Once that guy bets the flop and you raise into 2 players, for him to call he most likely has a top pair, i think he would 3bet a flush draw on the flop most of the time but he might call with it too. The turn gives you a boat, and i don't think he has many Qx in his range here unless it's exactly AQ, which is quite unlikely. Mostly he has AK, maybe AJ figuring you can't really have AK/AQ yourself, and sometimes a flush draw.

At this point :

* Your hand certainly looks like a draw, so by checking behind and reinforcing that thought in your opponent's mind, you might get looked up by Ax on the river. Since any A, Q and diamond card will either kill your hand or kill your action on the river, you'd better be confident he'll call a bet from you on other river cards quite often. Sometimes he will make a small flush on the river too, but on a paired board he likely won't give you more than a c/c.

* If you bet the turn, your hand actually doesn't look like much of anything, maybe a flush draw played very aggressively, or exactly AQ/33 that don't feel like slowplaying a boat. You might not even call AQ preflop to his UTG raise given how tight he is. If he shoves over your turn bet you have to call it off, either he decided to shove AK here to protect from your draw after his equity drastically increased on the turn or he has AQ and you're dead.

I think i would bet/call the turn myself, it's the best way to get all his money if he indeed has AK, and if we're crushed by AQ it's a cooler really.

As played on the river, short of jumping through the nearest window, you can't do anything but fold to his bet as he very often has an A here, that card just killed your hand completely.

Hope it helps.