[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Ak

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Should I be calling this shove? From my experience I'll say yes, mostly they have AQ or a high Ax.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.77
      SB:
      $1.40
      BB:
      $1.68
      UTG2:
      $3.68
      MP1:
      $0.37
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.59
      CO(Hero):
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.1, BU calls $0.10, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.23) 3, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, BU raises to $3.67(All-In), Hero calls $1.64(All-In).

Turn: ($5.77) Q (2 players)

River: ($5.77) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.77.
  • 5 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello. Without reads, you can consider giving it up, since you didn't invest much into the pot... but at NL2 it's perfectly fine to call his shove there. I agree with your experience, that they shove with a lot worse than the nutz.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      preflop: raise it up to 4BB to avoid yourself from becoming readable (if you do usually raise it a little bigger with strong hands)

flop, I rather make a 2/3 bet rather then pot it. If he is behind he usually has only 2-7 outs (A5,A4:7, one pair Ax hands:3,PP:2) so value is on your mind rather then protection. You will be able to get it in on the river, has NL2 players usually go broke with Ax hands here. As you said, aggressive (and not smart) villains can shove this flop with a worser ace in NL2 so I'm calling this one too.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      In this case he had pocket 3s.

So not much I can say here, well played by him.

Most of the time I actually raise to 5X BB, except in very early position I raise to 4X BB and if I have AA, KK I hope for a re-raise from someone at a late position. Otherwise I normally do 5X, or more if there are limpers in front of me.

Is this an ok thing to do?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      except in very early position

I like to raise in early position more, because I don't want to play out of position.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Most of the time I actually raise to 5X BB, except in very early position I raise to 4X BB and if I have AA, KK I hope for a re-raise from someone at a late position. Otherwise I normally do 5X, or more if there are limpers in front of me.

Is this an ok thing to do?
      I suggest you raise pf to 4BB + 1BB for each limper from all positions.
      Do it the same with KK or AA since players can pick this as a read on you.
      If the players that are sitting in your table are loose and cold call often I don't mind pumping it up to 5BB or more.