NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($25.28)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($25.60)
      UTG+1 ($24.49)
      CO ($36.19)
      BTN ($25.13)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.25, BTN raises to $1.10, SB calls $1, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, SB calls $3.40,

FLOP ($10.35) 7:diamond: A:spade: 9:heart:

check, Hero bets $7.25, SB folds,

obv worked pretty well, but :

can i go broke here vs unknown, or is it b/f spot ?
      should i cbet most flops in these situations ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without any read on the players, it's a pretty complex 4-way spot. I'll try anyway with what we have there.

CO is obviously bad, he's open-limping the CO.

Which means if BU is a decent tag, his isoraising range here is virtually any 2 playable cards. He has a 100+bb stack, so let's go with decent tag.

Given that, SB's coldcall out of position is bad with almost every hand, except maybe some pocket pairs if he believes CO will overcall and stack off light postflop, which together with the 100+bb stack would maybe make him an okayish tag.

All these people have only shown weakness up to that point, or at least they haven't shown much strength, so squeezing with AQ is definitely the way to go. And when you do, you likely won't be able to fold it even if BU shoves on you, because this is such an obvious squeeze spot with any 2 cards.

As played SB flats your squeeze out of position, which is a horrendously bad play on his part no matter what he has. This makes me think he's absolutely not a good tag, so i wouldn't put it past him to show up there with worse Ax hands as well as pocket pairs.

So once you flop TP2K, you're going broke against him always imo, whether you feel like checking behind to let him bluff or just bet/calling the flop is up to you i guess, i would bet/call a bit smaller to give him a chance to make another bad play by shoving on me. If he hits a set on you he's a bad luckbox.

Hope it helps.