[NL20-NL50] TPTK gets action

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $20.00
      MP3:
      $24.96
      CO:
      $28.23
      BU:
      $21.66
      SB(Hero):
      $39.91
      BB:
      $15.46

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.8, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.60)
      J, 9, 3 (2 players) Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.00)
      3 (2 players) Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $13.2, Hero calls $10.20.

River: ($30.40)
      K (2 players) Hero checks, BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Final Pot: $30.52.

Stats not relevant here only 12 hands on villain. What to do on turn ? I have to bet there but what can he represent with that raise ? I guess a set in not likely because if he called flop he wouldnt raise if he made a boat. He is maybe trying to represent a 3 but that is unlikely. I don`t know for sure if he can pull moves like this with TP or 9 here but since I only have to win one time out of 3 times I decided to call. nh or fold ?
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'm not sure I want to call here. You can't really know if he's bluffing or not, as you don't know him. Vs unknown, I think it's best to give up, as he could easily have you beat with J9 or a random 3. Don't count on him calling a boat. Remember that most players are really bad and don't think "If I call here I get more value than if I raise."

Calling this requires a read IMO, as you need to know that villain is able to bluff raise the turn in a spot like this and as far as I know, most players don't do that. At least not in the micro limits. When your opponents range is a grayish area, it's best to fold all these marginal situations
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That guy has a 75bb stack, and he isn't representing much when he raises, i think it's more likely that he's just bad rather then that he has us beat here. So with any Jx, maybe some flushdraws and God knows what else in his range, i'm not folding TPTK to him in that spot.

Hope it helps.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      We must also consider that the fact that he's bad might include a bunch of 3x in his range
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      He actually shows K9o here. Was quite happy with my call atm but wanted some other inputs.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming he's playing any two after 12 hands is probably overdoing it, he's more likely to be playing broadways than 3x for sure, bad players like high cards. I agree he could have some 3x, but i don't think you need to worry about it without a better read on his vpip.

Hope it helps.