$19.64
      SB:
      $54.17
      BB:
      $42.42
      MP3(Hero):
      $46.28

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      Hero raises to $0.8, CO calls $0.80, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) 2, 6, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO raises to $5.4, Hero calls $4.20.

Turn: ($12.70) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12.60, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.70.

Hand is against same maniac as the AK before. My tought on flop was I let him bluff himself out if he doesnt have anything but then ugly turn completes a fd and he bets so strong so I decided to let him go. Any better lines against a maniac like him ? I guess I could shove flop but that way I`m not getting anything more from his bluffs and I`m isolating against better hands often enough
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I prefer just going with my strong hnads versus these guys. They'll often go with weaker hands as well. He might go with weaker J's, draws and other crap. Also, what did he have on the AK hand? That should influence your decision
      By the way, on the turn, I think you can still go with your hand, consider you've seen him bluffing a shitload
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Being 225bb deep is somewhat problematic, otherwise it's an easy shove on the flop with normal stacks, or call flop and call his shove on any turn if you think he has air there most of the time.

I think calling to let him bluff at you is fine if you don't want to commit 225bb with that hand without first making sure that your equity on the turn is good. But if you're not going to fold on that specific turn, you're probably better off going with your hand on the flop by 3bet/calling for pure value, as he will stack off with worse Jx and might bluff shove over your 3bet with air or a flush draw anyway.

I would probably 3bet/call the flop without any heart, but I might choose to just call the flop and let him bluff the turn if i know i have a good heart redraw on heart turn cards, the reason being i will feel much more comfortable calling bluffs on the turn knowing that i still have outs no matter what he has.

Hope it helps.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      You cannot play pot control vs a maniac oop, he will make you pay/bluff you out. AJ sucks oop too.

Either 3bet/call flop or as played shove turn(what I would prob do). If you don't play your TPTK then what are you going to play against him? You will lose a ton of money waiting for 2pair+ hands vs this guy.

Aggro players will bluff dry flops, scare cards(turn) and of course semibluff draws(turn). He smells fear a mile away and uses it against you(call on flop and check on turn). He loves bullying people around.

Ask yourself whats more probable, him betting hard with set/flush or him bluffing you out after you show weakness? How many times do you make a set in HU play? or a flush? Do you bet pot when you have set or flush?

If you don't want to make a stand with TPTK, don't play oop vs a maniac with less than 2pair imo
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Completely missed that we're deep here. Sorry, disregard my post.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Yea I guess a 3-bet call was in order. The AK hand was after this one , he showed K4 for the nuts there .Had that hand been before would make a 3-bet/call here more easy because it`s obvious this guy raises small with good hands and big with bluffs/semi bluffs.