Starting a MTT

• highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      Hello all I just want some info on MTT strategy, I play ftp sng's and do well on 9 plr tables with a solid strategy, however I am new to MTT's
      I played in the 750k on Sunday and found it very hard playing tight when the leaders where already at 20,000 I know to adapt to them some changes will be needed so if anyone can point me in the correct direction it would be very much appreciated

Thanks HSP. ?(
  • 2 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      the best strategy is to play however you feel comfortable with, ie your usual style.
      If you are TAG there is no point changing for mtts and suddenly playing loose because it is a style you are unfamiliar with and will get outplayed.
      You dont need to worry about the players who move up to 20K quickly, they have either had a great run of cards or more likely have just been lucky, either way just play your own game against them.
      Nothing is decided in a mtt, especially the large fields, until several hours play has past and it is very rare to see someone lead from start to finish, most of the big stacks after the first 30 minutes will be gone after an hour.
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      In tournaments with big buy ins like the 750K just play your style, but also understand that players will be a lot more tight considering whats at stake and how big the buy in is.