SH play.

• aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hey there. I have downloaded the SH charts from the article on the differences between short handed and full ring, which indicates all the moves according to position and hand strength.

According to the article, in the event of 1 Raise, 1 ColdCall before you, use chart 2 etc. However, there is a specific table for 1 Raise & 1 Call, which indicates when to 3 bet, when to call. So, this would be the correct reference here, yes?

Also, there are instructions for 1 call before, 2 calls before and 3 or more calls before, suggesting Chart 1 or SHC. Here as well, there is a Limper (1,2,3) table, which give raise or call hands, so I assume this is actually what should be used. Can you confirm this?

With Blind defence from the Small Blind, we use chart 2, and 3 bet anything to the right of the /. Does this mean that we only 3 bet or fold in the SB against a raise, and never just call?

Lastly, in the Standard Moves table, the German words immer, (sehr) starke, shcwache, spielbare are printed. A translation of these would be good. I get the rough meaning, but would like the English anyhow. I think it may be important for deciding when to make these moves.

Thanks guys.
  • 6 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I think you are right. The text will have a workaround soon and then the german text pieces will dissappear too :)

and its right: after a raise you never call in the SB. reraise or fold. (of cours the never does not mean never... if you have suited connecters and get the correct odds to call... call ^^ but I guess this will come later in the game (like the SHC is very good for beginners... you know what I mean? :) ))
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Thanks ciRith. So what's up, are you suffering from insomnia or something? :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Thanks ciRith. So what's up, are you suffering from insomnia or something? :)
      no. are you? ;)

my daycycle is completly wrapped up since I have free time... I'm sleeping too long every day so soon I will wake up at 12midnigh or so *lol*

I try to get it back soon... but now I'm only 13 hours up... not really much isn't it? :D
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ah, well, you see, here in Australia, it is just 7pm. This has been my day, so I guessed that you were awake all night long. Not bad if that is what you like. I am not working at the moment, which is great, except no income, which is like, slit your wrists. ;) (not really). That's why I have been on the forums most of the time.

I am hoping to keep my learning up, so that my BB level increases to 30, or 60 or even 400?, so that I never have to work again. If I keep going for another 12 months, I should be able to live off my earnings, IF I can learn everything necessary to sustain it. When I read what the gurus write about playing, it still sounds like another language, but I have confidence (mostly).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nice goal but it is really very hard to maintaine. (or whatever the right word is)

8 hours playing on the computer won't make any fun if you do it as a job (at least for the most it isn't)

give it a try but don't do nothing else (I mean try to get a real job ^^)

Or be Hashem :D

I really need to work on my sleep.. 11hours again.. I hate it I can't get up even if I want... and idea? ;)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, if I was good enough, I wouldn't have to do 40 hours a week. I probably would though, just because I can be compulsive.

Don't worry, I am trying for a real job. I just hate most real jobs. While I don't have one, I have been dedicating a fair bit of time to this task, and I have improved, so I have hope. Not that I will ever be Joe Hachem. :)

Getting out of sync with normal sleep is vicious. Having something to get up for helps, if you can find a reason. Not easy, because it is difficult to pretend to be interested in something.