[NL2-NL10] nl10sh ako

• gummybeared
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($10.40)
      Button ($18.70)
      SB ($7.88)
      Hero (BB) ($11.47)
      MP ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      MP bets $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.95, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) 8, 6, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.75) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, 1 fold

Total pot: $4.75 | Rake: $0.31

OK to sec barrel that turn? was on b/f line
      villain was 14/13/0.8 over 100 hands
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

Make your 3bet bigger out of position, 3.5x for $1.15 will do.

Your opponent seems nitty with his 14/13 so i would expect him to have a rather strong range for calling your 3-bet, something around AQ+/99+. Maybe he called with any pocket pair given the decent price you gave him. Given his AF he probably isn't a tag so i guess there are some weird hands in his range too.

On that flop you can likely fold out AQ+ and other random missed overcards, which probably doesn't do you any good given how passive he seems to be, he'll mostly check those behind and you'll make money hitting an A or winning at showdown unimproved. You can probably fold out underpairs too if he has them. I don't expect him to fold an overpair here ever. Still, c-betting means both folding out some trash hands while out of position and letting that guy know that you will follow up with your 3-bets which is also worth something. I'm fine with both c/f and b/f.

The turn doesn't change much, i don't except him to fold anything to a bet here that he called the flop with. If you know he can lay down the lowest overpairs there it's probably ok to barrel, but you need to know that he is tight enough to put you on QQ+ and go away in these spots, which most people won't.

As played he does fold to the turn bet, so either your small 3bet induced a call from any pocket pair or some random broadway that he peeled with on the flop, or he is indeed tight enough to fold an overpair to your turn bet. I'd put him in the category of "tight preflop but has a hard time letting go of the few hands he plays on the flop", which from then on effectively allows you to bomb the turn more often against that guy, because he is likely to be peeling the flop quite light and/or to give up even strong hands to a 2nd barrel once he decided to play a hand postflop.

Hope it helps.
    • rickydaprince
      Hello. I wouldn't 2nd barrel that turn. He seems tight passive, and very often will probably call your bets down on this board.