This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl $10

• beerthababe
      beerthababe
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      [color:red]UTG+1 raises to $0,20[/color], [color:grey]UTG+2 folds[/color], [color:red]MP1 raises to $0,80[/color], [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], MP3 calls, Hero calls, [color:grey]3 folds[/color], UTG+1 calls.

Flop: ($3,35) A:heart: , 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: [color:blue](4 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, [color:red]MP3 bets $1[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $3,00[/color], UTG+1 calls, [color:grey]MP1 folds[/color], MP3 calls.

Turn: ($12,35) 2:spade: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, [color:red]Hero bets $5,20 (All-In)[/color], UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: ($27,95) 8:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $27,95

I was mainly wondering if the preflop call was correct? Both UTG+1 and MP3 had way bigger stacks than me but the preflopraiser, MP1, had only $2.
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think in the strategy articles it suggests you need to get 15:1 to call for set value, this is higher than the actual odds of about 7:1 due to even when you do hit your set it doesn't mean you can extract value/stack the other guy.

For me this is a fold pre-flop. Your stack just isnt big enough.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by csnmf
      I think in the strategy articles it suggests you need to get 15:1 to call for set value, this is higher than the actual odds of about 7:1 due to even when you do hit your set it doesn't mean you can extract value/stack the other guy.

For me this is a fold pre-flop. Your stack just isnt big enough.
      correct. postflop you can actually push on the flop. $3 is too little.