charity

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i would really love it if we as a community did some charity.

maybe even start a projekt afrika and support something specific and then posting updates each month with pictures so we could follow the progress.

just 10.000$ or something like that could make a huge difference if we focussed on some specific projects i.e. school's, orfanage's or similar.

i bet pokerstrategy earns a lot of money so you should be able to privide a good base amount each month + donations from members.

what do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Charity starts at home is pretty much my view on the matter! I do give to charities regulary, but mostly local ones. Theres alot of local charities that need money, so I would never send money abroad, to me it makes little sense.

We have had this discussion several times on the forums, and it wont happen. If you give to one charity, you have others contacting you.

We have had forum members need money, or people they know. If you say yes to one, then how can you refuse another (from PS's point of view).

If you want to give money, then do it.

pretty much 100% of bussiness' exist to make money, so it makes no sense to then give money away imo. Dog eat dog!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      your right

i just got hit by the heal the world spirit of mj's show last night and figured that together we could make a big difference.

but i suppose i should start with the 'man in the mirror' and start doing some more charity myself.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello raun,

Thank you for your suggestion and while you bring up an interesting topic it is one on which I have similar feelings as cannell. Charity starts at home and the huge variety of different charities or causes to which it makes sense to donate makes it hard to actually find one to which one would give in a coordinated large scale fashion (leaving aside the large amount of dubious charities to which it might not make so much sense to donate).

Organizing it as a community is further complicated by issues such as "who holds the money, and how trustworthy is this person" since it allows a large amount of abuse in the hands of the wrong people (which is why we have this policy of limited financial transactions via the forum).

Personally I think it is great to show initiative and to support charities and organizations which deserve and need the support - but think that in the end it is something which is up to every individual to decide.

Best regards
      SoyCD