quickest way to turn $300 in $1500

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I'm sick of Cake. 2 months of so called variance made me waste my time and $1200 worth of money by trying to win using rational play. Rational play didn't work. So now I want to either get my money back or finally stop wasting precious time and nerves, because I know what'll happen if I follow everyone's advice and "play my A-game" like I did. I'll say in advance that I'll go through with this regardless, and that I have a bigger bankroll on Mansion, so that's not all of my money. I want to put my money into something and get a result quick. Either win it all or lose it all. Any suggestions?
  • 40 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Roulette
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Cake doesn't offer roulette.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      take it out if you dont like the site?
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      play a high HU buy in game either you win or you lose.. 50% chance to win its better than wasting your cash on roulette where the house wins more than usual
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Flip it 3 times. Win.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      play a high HU buy in game either you win or you lose.. 50% chance to win its better than wasting your cash on roulette where the house wins more than usual
      I've considered HU, but that's where I got the most suckouts lately, so I think I'm done with this format. Btw, just because there are 2 outcomes doesn't mean the odds are 50%.

Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Flip it 3 times. Win.
      Sure, I'll just flip a virtual coin and if I win the money will magically appear on my account. Jeez...
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      then u have two choices either enter a very high BB cash game like 5-10$ and use ur cash there. or enter a 300$ double or nothing 10 man game
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      play NL200 shorthanded as controlled maniac style, the highest and most fun chance of turning 300 into 1500 IMHO.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      1) Take the $300, buy a suit, some nice shoes, and get a haircut.
      2) Go for a job interview.
      3) ????????
      4) Profit.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      See sheepmoose's point 1) but change the other points to:
      2) find some wealthy old women
      3) i think u get the message where i'm going with here

I can't see how u couldn't earn 1500$ if u get a few recommendations. At least u don't have to gamble and u can always pick ur ... "opponent" too!

If u've been playing poker for some time and do in fact have a reasonable BR somewhere u should know there is no fast and sure way to earn any kind of money at poker. So I think u should seriously consider the alternative I've mentioned above.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      You could also find somebody who wants to flip you for it. I don't have money on Cake so I can't
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      I'm sick of Cake. 2 months of so called variance made me waste my time and $1200 worth of money by trying to win using rational play. Rational play didn't work. So now I want to either get my money back or finally stop wasting precious time and nerves, because I know what'll happen if I follow everyone's advice and "play my A-game" like I did. I'll say in advance that I'll go through with this regardless, and that I have a bigger bankroll on Mansion, so that's not all of my money. I want to put my money into something and get a result quick. Either win it all or lose it all. Any suggestions?
      take a break..and then when you read your post again ask some1 to kick you in the ass for every stupid idea that you came up in this post ;)
      after that cash out and deposit to other site ;)
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Get good at poker and develope the right mentality to play this game.

PLay a fairly low variance game at NL25 till u get to $700 then NL50 to £1500, Should take about 2 weeks max (5/6 hours a day).

The reason i say the right mentality is that you seem to be desperately trying to get back the $1200 you lost.

Forget it, its gone, concentrate on what you can do better a build your bankroll day by day.

For now aim to increase every day until by $25, then when u get to $500 by $50, then when you get to $1000 by $1000.

Put the hours in, dont take unnessecary risks and wait for the right situaitons to get your money in. Dont get all in preflop with AK or on the flop with Top pair top kicker.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      I smell tilt.

Realize that you're tilting. Leave the computer for a day or two and continue playing like you were.

You just hit a downswing, is all.

Or cash out the 300$ and never consider playing poker again. :f_biggrin:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NiekamNeidomu
      take a break..and then when you read your post again ask some1 to kick you in the ass for every stupid idea that you came up in this post ;)
      Originally posted by Hackett77
      Get good at poker and develope the right mentality to play this game.

PLay a fairly low variance game at NL25 till u get to $700 then NL50 to £1500, Should take about 2 weeks max (5/6 hours a day).
      Tried that for 2 and a half months. Didn't work. So now I'm sick of it. I appreciate you guys trying to talk me out of this, but I just want to gamble with high risk for high reward or nothing at all, because that "slowly accumulating money" principle just doesn't work for me. Not at Cake at least. Call it variance or whatever, fact is I spent time and energy and all I got was $1200 net loss, so I'm not doing this again.

By the way, I never deposited money at Cake, got $50 transferred from a friend. So I can't withdraw yet, nor do I want to.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Consider again what u wrote in ur last post Berzerger, if I were to start thinking something like this I would turn off my computer and stay away from poker. Because that is exactly the kind of thinking which will "rob" u of whatever u have left. Yeah it takes time, yeah it takes effort and yeah sometimes u get the rough end of the stick for it. I think perhaps u should try to hook up with someone who plays the same type of hold'em u do and maybe they can help u figure out what went wrong and how u can fix ur leaks.

However if u truly feel like playing above BRM don't let me stop u. Sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do ... I just think it'd be a waste.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Shortstack nl1k.
      Post your sn when you'll do smth.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Bet the money on Sports,fights or whatever.. Bet on the guys with the highest Odds.. Worked for my friend lol..
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      See sheepmoose's point 1) but change the other points to:
      2) find some wealthy old women
      3) i think u get the message where i'm going with here

I can't see how u couldn't earn 1500$ if u get a few recommendations. At least u don't have to gamble and u can always pick ur ... "opponent" too!

This sounds like the best idea, you even get to go all-in a lot which is pretty cool and exciting.