$67.28
      MP3:
      $29.81
      CO:
      $11.05
      BU:
      $22.54

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) K, 9, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BB raises to $3.75, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

River: ($21.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $16.68(All-In), Hero calls $16.68.

Final Pot: $54.86.

V: 17/13/3,0/31 129h
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I probably wouldn't play it any differently, but as played without history this is a hard call on the river, as you basically have a bluff catcher. I don't think a tag with these stats will ever take a line that strong with weaker hands then yours, unless he's totally bluffing.

On the other hand, he isn't representing much, as there are no draws out there for him to have realistically. Maybe he could start on the flop with something like QJ for a GS if he is aggro heads-up, but it's doubtful he would fire 3 barrels with it once he encounters resistance. The board is terrible for a bluff, plus he didn't hit unless he called with 86 preflop (...), and i very much doubt he would shove a missed draw on you on that river.

That leaves us with TPTK maybe, the only possible overpair, or a set. To get those he would have had to flat preflop with AK/AA/KK instead of 3betting them, same for 99 tho it's a little more believable, and the very unlikely 77 given the two 7's on board.

So that leaves you with the following dilemma : either you're toast because your opponent got lucky or slowplayed something on you, or he's a nittish tag willing to fire 3 streets as a bluff for a full stack in a blind battle at nl25.

You're gonna get in those spots a lot and there is no definite answer. I'll tell you this tho : in my experience, people are more likely to be lucky/tricky than gutsy at those stakes, there just aren't that many tags with those stats running around pulling multistreet bluffs on innocuous boards against other tags at nl25. That doesn't mean i would find the strength to fold the top of my range here, but i'd consider it and hate myself for calling again when he shows me the nuts. "Of course".

Hope it helps.
    • BloodyB
      BloodyB
      Bronze
      Your alanysis helps a lot ;) Your are doing a really great job, keep that way

btw he had AA